Started by masonspappy, July 26, 2012, 11:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

Unapologetic social commentary.
C&C's welcome.
- Cam

**7-31 - Updated Image **

otakar

The rusty parts should be rustier (no reflection, bigger bump mapping for raw surface), otherwise fantastic. Sad scene, though. I got a kick out of the Stella bottles. More likely to be Bush cans or Bud bottles in these parts... Can you get a model of glass shards?

masonspappy

Quote from: otakar on July 26, 2012, 03:04:12 PM
Can you get a model of glass shards?

Very good idea. I missed that one (along with bullet holes that someone else suggested).

Let me see what I can conjure up in Blender...

FrankB

Agree with otokar, but want to add that I like the lighting. The background looks quite realistic also.

Frank

TheBadger

I got tricked by this one for just a moment! When the image came up full size my eyes went straight to the sign. Not being used to seeing that kind of thing in a render, and with the trees in the background I thought it was a photo. lol

Once my eyes started searching the image I realized what was what. But for that second I was like, why is he posting photos here? 8) Just goes to show me that a mind can make something real just as long as it sees what it expects. Fun!

Sad subject though! Is that graffiti gibberish, or does it have some known meaning?
It has been eaten.

masonspappy

Quote from: TheBadger on July 30, 2012, 01:21:49 AM
Sad subject though! Is that graffiti gibberish, or does it have some known meaning?

First, thanks for the comments!  As for the grafitti,  those are someone's initials on the sign (Comes from an actual photo).  For the bench, I copied the style, but not the actual wording, of real grafitti.  The symbols are slight variations of the real thing .
- Cam

masonspappy

Revised image uploaded. Decreased object specularity, emphacised bump map on the rust (except for jungle gym), added texturing to the ground. Tried to make glass shards but they weren't working out, so I added a few busted beer bottles on the ground and a jagged piece of glass on the bench.
  - Cam

BTW, the clear piece of glass on the bench was generated with a "Water_Shader_Reflection_ Refraction+Transparency.tgc" that I got through this forum. I can't find it anymore, but perhaps the author could claim credit to be properly recognized??

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

Jo Kariboo

Nice work and natural lightning!