Medieval city

Started by Dune, December 04, 2011, 01:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

And finally, some 100% crops from a 10000x5000 render. With some PS postwork, I must say (smoke, grass here and there). The whole image is awesome, and will probably be available as a limited edition print later on.

I realized that I have to search for a better way to make meadows with soft grass, procedural, and which keeps well in large renders.

otakar

Thank you for this. Always a thrill. It'd probably take me weeks just to get the paths look right. One of the hardest things with these realistic renders is the elimination of too many straight lines, which the eye catches rather quickly - and which give an unnatural impression if not removed or softened.

Be sure to let us know if a print becomes available.

Dune

Another POV, no post so far except some gamma adjustments. I will probably work this one out to another highly detailed Limited Edition Print. I have to change some things though...
Any comments are welcome of course!

TheBadger

I like this last comp^^ very much, Ulco. Its a very nice image. It would look great in my library (if I had one :()
It has been eaten.

Dune

The render turned out blocky due to forgetting GI prepass, but it has some very pretty parts (IMHO). This is a fraction of the total.

TheBadger

Ulco,

If it saves time to not have GI prepass on, consider using Autopano pro or Autopano giga. If you are assembling the frames like a pano. Autopano can auto correct those frame blends. And does a pro job of it to.

http://www.kolor.com/

Could be worth a try. There is a free trial, I believe. I have used this software for a while now, its pretty darn good.
It has been eaten.

Dune

It is a different scenario. The render has been made by a renderfarm (Pixelplow), who work with tiled rendering. They automatically 'stitch' it all into one image to be delivered, so I have to do the prerun myself and have the farm read the GIC, or use fill lights. But 'we' are working on a solution. In the meantime I have received a new render (done with fill lights), which came back really fast and incredibly beautiful.

But thanks, The Badger!

Dune

The only thing I had to do is add some 'dirt' here and there, and smoke from the chimneys. Procedural 'easy smoke' to be placed on top of the chimneys would be super!

bigben