Super mini preview

Started by helentr, April 18, 2007, 01:19:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

helentr

I started a crop render and minimized the main Terragen window. When the render finished, I restored the window and saw this. The preview is still there, only at such a tiny size as to be unusable. No matter what I did, there seemed to be no way to restore the preview size, except by closing and reopening Terragen.

Helen

dhavalmistry

did you try switching the view to node network??? (button beside render)
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Oshyan

This is an issue we're aware of which seems to occur somewhat randomly. It will of course be fixed.

- Oshyan

duff

You can drag the divider between the node network and the preview to enlarge the preview area when this happens.

I also experience both the preview and the node network not 'filling' the area available so they are both tiny (sorry no screenshot as at work). No amount of re-sizing fixes this and a restart is required.

Oshyan

duff, the bug I mentioned actually refers more to your situation, where even resizing the window doesn't actually change the preview size. But both are factors, I believe.

- Oshyan

jo

Hi,

In the first post, the problem isn't so much that the preview has gone small as there is a problem where the whole preview/node network split pane area has gone much smaller than it should - it should be filling that whole right-hand area. This is mostly likely due to a problem when the window is minimised, which I'll look into further.

There was a change in the last version where the preview area was given a minimum size and the more general issue with the preview going "mini" is related to this, in that for some reason it's snapping to its minimum size. It should be resizeable using the splitter bar though. I'll look into this. I think we released the last version not long before I was on holiday for three weeks, and just at the end of that time the monitor I use for my PC died and the replacement only turned up on Tuesday, so I'm still catching up a bit with things on the PC side.

Regards,

Jo

helentr

Quote from: duff on April 18, 2007, 04:11:34 AM
You can drag the divider between the node network and the preview to enlarge the preview area when this happens.

The divider was not draggable (if that's the word) and no switching tabs or resizing changed anything. In fact, this only happened to me once.
I am glad it will be fixed.

Helen