Texture by displacement and simple shape.

Started by bla bla 2, December 11, 2011, 08:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bla bla 2

Quand je fais cette manipulation en ajoutant des displacement et des simple shape, jusque la tout va bien, j'ajoute une texture par l'image map, et la caméra et tout va bien, et puis maintenant je ne vois plus la texture. Pourtant dans l'image map, il es toujours là, la texture.

When I do this operation by adding " displacement and simple shape ", so far so good, I add a texture " image map ", and the " camera " and all is well, and now I can not see the texture. Yet in the " image map ", there are still there, the texture.

>:(

Oshyan

Not enough information just in the screenshot and description. Please post a .zip archive with all project assets or send to support AT planetside.co.uk.

- Oshyan

bla bla 2

Oshyan

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do here and I don't have the image map you were working with, which makes it a bit harder to determine I think. But it's a very confusing and frankly elaborate network to produce what appears to be a fairly simple result.

From what I can see I don't think the problem is coming from any kind of a bug in Terragen, something's just not configured right. Some parts of your setup pretty much guarantee that no texture will show up on the sides of your displacement because you've got your Blend Shader inputs *Inverted*, meaning white is black, and thus the large white areas you've painted in your painted shaders on the side of your object are essentially black and that means no texture will be applied there. Some of the other Image Map Shaders are working entirely differently, through a Distribution Shader with altitude constrictions, which doesn't entirely seem necessary either. Were you trying multiple methods to achieve a particular result, or were these two approaches trying to accomplish different goals?

Honestly I think it may be best just to start over with the texturing. You do seem to be over complicating it I think. I might be able to give more specific advice or an example if I knew exactly what you were trying to achieve with your texture (seeing the original texture itself would help).

- Oshyan

bla bla 2

Bonjour, je veux faire une ville avec les textures seulement + le simple shape shader, une ville de nuit, peut-être que c'est trop grand les simple shape.

Hello, I want to do a town with only textures + the simple shape shader, a city at night, maybe it's too simple shape.

**Bastien.

Oshyan

I would suggest coming up with several tileable window textures and applying them with a SideX/Z projection with tiling enabled and use Distribution or Painted shaders to control coverage.

- Oshyan