Another Non-TG Nature render thingy

Started by Walli, December 22, 2011, 04:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Very nice, JW! I was struggling to see the character on the pier in the small version you posted on FB a few days ago and I couldn't make out what it was. I can see him very well now. I like the way the boards don't meet on the shack, makes it much more realistic, and I spotted the guy at the window to here! Nice job! :)

j meyer

Nice models,well executed.Even a rope! Saw it bigger elsewhere.
Also the carving(?) boy is pretty convincing.
Keep it up,J.

Walli

Oshyan

Love the night time shot! Very realistic. Good stuff.

- Oshyan

Walli

thanks!

the boy is just a billboard by the way, as he is just a add on I donĀ“t spend the time modeling him. Well, actually I have spend a lot of time modeling him, but now its easier just to take photos ;-)

Walli

Tangled-Universe

Interesting! Very curious to see where this is going :)

Walli

but like my other landscape renderings, this is one of the rejected ones on cgtalk.

TheBadger

I have been following these posts. I must have missed where anyone said how these are being made/rendered. Is it TG2? They are great whatever the story
It has been eaten.

FrankB

Quote from: Walli on January 07, 2012, 05:21:03 PM
...but like my other landscape renderings, this is one of the rejected ones on cgtalk.

by this infamous female moderator person again? Never mind Walli, this is a great render! The bit#* has no taste.

Cheers,
Frank

Tangled-Universe

Since the last rumours/riots on their forums about the way things go with the submissions they have expanded the group of moderators who judge the submissions.
I think the general consensus there is not in favor of landscape images. Immature.

Matt

Walli, Frank, T-U, I love some of the work that you do, but I think every time one of you has mentioned being rejected by cgsociety the image in question didn't really have that 'je ne sais quoi' that I would look for in the cgsociety gallery. If this were a photograph, would it be an exceptional photo? I don't think so. Why should it be accepted just because it's CG?

I really like the shack in the twilight.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

FrankB

Quote from: Matt on January 08, 2012, 05:10:11 PM
...Why should it be accepted just because it's CG?

Why is the 513th Audi TT render accepted? Just because it's a car modelled in max?

I think Walli's image has something that resonates with me from an artistic point of view. The serenity, the beauty of the place.... Of course an exploding volcano would probably more intriguing, but seriously, I think there is a certain unfavourable bias at cg talk specifically against landscapes, and especially the ones made with Terragen.
Maybe landscapes are considered boring, I don't know.

Frank

freelancah

Add a wizard to the version with the shack in the twilight and im quite sure you'll get your image accepted ;)