zBrush Fiber Mesh

Started by rcallicotte, December 29, 2011, 12:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

This video is funny in high speed! I wonder how fast those changes are really happening, you get the impression that there is no time lost waiting for changes to take effect.
It has been eaten.

freelancah

I wonder how well it exports :P

rcallicotte

I think it looks funny, but maybe I don't understand it well enough.  It just doesn't look entirely useful yet.  Still cool, though.   8)
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

chris_x422

Nice as it looks, I can't see this being much use outside of Zbrush, as there's no mention of any type of curve exports.

Worries me lately that they are focusing so much on internal features that benefit illustrators, as opposed fixing the issues that relate to artists who work in production, where I'm pretty sure is where the bulk of their sales come from.

But hey, I still love the application, and it's still the best sculpting app out there, just wish it were 64bit already.

Tangled-Universe

Not 64-bit?? I didn't know that. That's pretty lame actually.
I know it's a bit too early now, but I think it won't take long before everything will/should be developed in 64-bit.
Take a look at Naiad, 64-bit only. Logical in a way for a fluid solver, but they could have started development on a 32-bit platform instead.

chris_x422

It is disappointing that it's taking so long to go 64 bit, but to be fair they have developed some amazing techniques and optimizations that allow you to work at great depth and resolution. I view them with equal admiration for innovation and frustration for the way they implement new ideas.

Their business model of not charging for an upgrade since v2 is also amazing and very clever, you only have to read a few threads on their forums to see how loyal their users are, almost in a apple kind of way ;) and almost any kind of criticism seems to create a backlash.

Also glad they avoided assimilation with the borg (Autodesk),  takes some guts not to sell out and stick to your dream, and from what I can tell they are still quite a small company.

rcallicotte

Check out these videos so you're not too disappointed.   ;D

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?161537-ZBrush-4R2-ZClassroom-Movies-Updated-to-include-17-Movies

Lightcap video on this page is pretty fascinating.

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?