Help with the End?

Started by TheBlackHole, February 18, 2012, 11:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackHole

I'm trying to recreate Minecraft's "End" dimension in TG2 as it would look IRL. I have an Enderman model and an attempt at a floating island made of endstone. I think I've figured out how to make obsidian pillars, but since I'm using a planet object, it probably won't work. Trying to populate the object with Endermen only places them around the edge. This is as far as I've gotten.
The End:
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/The_End

Enderman:

EDIT: Linked to more info about the End.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Dune

I get it to work with a pop of rocks when you take the coordinates on top of your planet by rightclicking.

TheBlackHole

Awesome! ;D Now to try some obsidian spikes.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

bobbystahr

Try Fake Stones and a paint shader to mask locations. I also had luck also just painting  single dots where I wanted
pillars to appear and used a displace shader in the terrain tab with the paint shader as the driver
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

TheBlackHole

I don't think fake stones will work. I'm using a heavily displaced planet as the island, and the stones will probably displace from the center.

bobbystahr

If you build the pillar model(s)  in another app they can be imported as .obj and positioned as a group or singly
based on Dune's example...as single objects you only really have to import one and then copy & paste [in the right hand node window only] and move them into position.
Easiest done in top view as you can right click for  coordinates to paste into the .obj dialogue
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

TheBlackHole

That's exactly what I was thinking about doing. :P I got some endertowers modeled, and I should be able to populate them the same way the endermen are populated.