Terrain question

Started by barkec, January 15, 2012, 11:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barkec

How to remove terrain from scene? I need only sky/clouds ...i know there is a option to select "Render landscape"...i usaly uncheck this and after that i have black sphere in half of my scene. Well that black sphere is on place where terrain should be...Im using free version , is that problem?

Henry Blewer

In the render control window, at the top, you can turn off the landscape, and/or the atmosphere rendering.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

barkec

Quote from: njeneb on January 16, 2012, 08:21:36 AM
In the render control window, at the top, you can turn off the landscape, and/or the atmosphere rendering.
I mentioned I know that option, iv read something today about this terrain off/on and actualy guy say that this is bug. And anyone who make skybox without terain need to removie that black sphere in photoshop.

Henry Blewer

You could try reducing the plant radius to 1. The planet is located in the objects tab.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

TheBlackHole

Increase the sky size to somewhere around 16000. There will still be some black around the bottom of the render, but since there's much less it's easier to photoshop out.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

RichTwo

Uhhh - how about just pointing the camera away from the terrain so it's not in view?   ???
They're all wasted!

King Mango

Way back in the good ole days, when I used to use TG Classsic for UT skyboxes and all I wanted was sky and no terrain (which was seldom, but happened) I would simply use the atmosphere I liked on a new scene, and leave the terrain flat. You are not going to get sky below the horizon anyway. I'm not sure what you mean by black sphere though. Are you talking about an ARCH of black across the lower half? Nothing to do about that I'm afraid other than eyedropping the last pixel in the fog and then bucket filling that black.

I am going to assume you need a skybox for a floating world in which you can see fog in the bottom half of the skybox? If so you may have to do some additional detail by hand to coax some life into the fog. I would try rendering my desired sky, then after that set was done, I would make another set of renders with the sky completely covered in clouds and flip those around to cover the bottom half of your skybox textures and do any color tweaking blending by hand.

Wish I could think of a one-click for this but I can't!