Crashes with TER and IMAGE files

Started by cbalaskas, April 19, 2007, 04:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbalaskas

Every time I try to save a file that includes a heightfield load or image map shader TG2 crashes. The TER files are from both World Machine and Terragen, and the images are BMP or TIFF. Is there a work-around or solution (besides not trying)? Thanks.

Oshyan

This is not a known problem nor one we can reproduce on our systems. Are you using a non-English version of Windows? If so are your terrain files stored in a folder with non-English characters? This could be the cause of the problem. You can try working with files out of a simple directory off of your main hard drive, like C:\terragen\ to test this possibility. Language issues like this will be resolved in a future update.

- Oshyan

cbalaskas

I'm on an English version of WinXP. The file path for both the image and TER file was:

E:\Geographic Maps & Models\Terran\WM Ter\Butte Canyon

I knocked the "&" character, and it doesn't crash anymore. Wow, picky picky, lol. That was the simplest solution to a mouse-throwing event I've ever seen. Thanks Oshyan!

I've been toying around with TG2 for a couple weeks now, so I thought I would share the first render I found satisfactory. The file isn't perfect, but it's very fun exploring the details. Enjoy.

Oshyan

Glad it was a simple fix. More robust character support for paths and names will definitely be added.

Quite a nice "first" image you've posted. Great texturing, detail, and overhangs.

- Oshyan

old_blaggard

I agree with Oshyan, nice first image.  It seems a little overly sharp, but other than that I love the terrain shapes and detail.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.