After the storm

Started by FXFletch, January 23, 2012, 01:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FXFletch

Hi All,

Still finding my way around TG2 but here is my second project for comment. I was trying to create that special kind of light you get when a very low sun breaks through below the clouds to illuminate storm clouds.

This is also my first project with some of Walli's fantastic grass, dirt and tree models. So much more realistic than other models I have tried.

[attachthumb=#]

Henry Blewer

This has a nice painted look to it., which I like. The clouds might use some more samples. These are not bad, there is just a little noise which might be image compression noise.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

FXFletch

thanks,

Yes this was fast render I thought I would wait for any comments before blowing an 8 hour one :-)

TheBadger

The warmth and the atmo are very emotional and remind me of real moments from the past. I think you are very close to an image that goes beyond attempting to recreate reality, to a work of art. But I have no idea what you need to do to push it the rest of the way, or what you should do to make sure you dont loose what you have as you continue. And if you don't know either, than at least you have the advantage of spontaneity, which always leaves a visible mark on a work, and thats something people like to see. This is really appropriate for what your trying to do since the moment your trying to capture always comes and goes very quickly. Maybe there is some advise here after all.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Indeed, a painterly atmosphere. Certainly worthwhile to make the most of it. For one, I'd change the larger dark clouds, which break the sky in 'hard' pieces. The blue sky shining through also has a strange distracting shape, so I'd try to change that to a softer look.

FXFletch

Thanks all for the positive feedback, good point about the sky Dune its funny how you don't notice things until they are pointed out. I will play with some of the settings and try a different seed.

Ian

FXFletch

I have tried a few versions but have settled on this one with a darker more dramatic sky as it emphasises the lighting.

Still has a bit of noise in the sky need to increase the samples even further I think.

All it needs now is a rainbow, or is using Photoshop cheating  ;)

[attachthumb=#]

Henry Blewer

This last post has excellent atmosphere, very stormy. Very good light effect for the clouds.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

TheBadger

looks real good. But for me it has lost the feel of the first one.
It has been eaten.