Another Contest?

Started by jbest, November 18, 2011, 11:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

I like the idea of a fantasy landscape/spacescape theme where the point is to make it as photo real as possible. Dunes volcano idea would fit in just fine and still allow for very robust Interpretation of the theme. I would really enjoy seeing everyones work.
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

I truly regret not having finished Dune's prize by now. I can say with certainty it will be done before the end of the year, and that's all I'll say for now. It's a great scene and looks beautiful in motion, so hopefully there will at least be no disappointment in the end result. ;)

- Oshyan

Tangled-Universe

Thanks Oshyan, good to hear it will be finished soon.

Therefore in the meantime I'd like to encourage everybody here to think along about contest themes.

Cheers,
Martin

rcallicotte

@TU:  Thinking...

@Oshyan:  Cool.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

TheBadger

Quote from: Oshyan on November 22, 2011, 09:58:33 PM
I truly regret not having finished Dune's prize by now. I can say with certainty it will be done before the end of the year, and that's all I'll say for now. It's a great scene and looks beautiful in motion, so hopefully there will at least be no disappointment in the end result. ;)

- Oshyan

News?
It has been eaten.

jbest

Hmmm yeah, it's now February.
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

Oshyan

Here's what I can tell you: we have been working since the last part of 2011 on a pretty major partnership, and as part of that we are able to render this at higher detail and at full 720p, whereas before we were only going to have DVD resolution at best (due to render time and number of frames). This was an opportunity we couldn't pass up. That being said it took longer than we hoped to finalize the agreement, so rendering was not able to be done within 2011. I won't make any more promises about a delivery time, obviously that hasn't worked out well and I feel terrible about it. But I feel that the end result will at least be really impressive and beautiful, and that's the best I can do at this point.

- Oshyan

Kadri

Quote from: Oshyan on February 05, 2012, 08:45:10 PM
Here's what I can tell you: we have been working since the last part of 2011 on a pretty major partnership...

Now i am really curious ::)

Oshyan

Quote from: Kadri on February 05, 2012, 09:10:32 PM
Quote from: Oshyan on February 05, 2012, 08:45:10 PM
Here's what I can tell you: we have been working since the last part of 2011 on a pretty major partnership...

Now i am really curious ::)

Details on that will be out quite soon. :)

- Oshyan