blender-2-80-ships

Started by René, July 31, 2019, 09:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

Oh yes!
And OTOY just released their latest version of OctaneRender, which integrates seamlessly with Blender 2.80.  :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

WAS

The realtime viewport is awesome. Runs great on my system. Super speedy. Cycles is also super fast, and does appropriate area lighting off planes and inter-reflections which is really nice. In fact all lighting works subperbly (point lights, suns, and spot and area lights). Easy to bloom volumetrics without a pixel noise show.

Blender is really at the forefront of scaleable technology imo. It can do sooo much.

Going to give Vue a try today to test out it's lighting and water.

masonspappy

Blender has been my main design tool for OBJ models I've been creating and selling.  It's a remarkably competent piece of software.

WAS

Quote from: masonspappy on July 31, 2019, 05:09:06 PM
Blender has been my main design tool for OBJ models I've been creating and selling.  It's a remarkably competent piece of software.

Is that what you used for some of your shares here?

masonspappy

Quote from: WASasquatch on July 31, 2019, 07:19:05 PM

All of them, actually.

CredePendrel

Do you have a store link? I love your renders.

WAS

Quote from: masonspappy on August 01, 2019, 08:02:55 AM
Quote from: WASasquatch on July 31, 2019, 07:19:05 PM

All of them, actually.

Oh wow, fantastic. That makes me want to start modeling even more. I've tinkered a bunch with Blender but still pretty intimidated.

masonspappy

Quote from: CredePendrel on August 01, 2019, 09:45:38 AM

Thank you!
I display my artwork on deviant art:  https://www.deviantart.com/search?q=masonspappy
The models I  sell are over at Turbosquid ( https://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/lazaruslong ) and my handle there is Lazaruslong (which makes perfect since if you ever read anything by Robert Heinlein). Don't have a lot of items in there at the moment. I transferred some of my inventory to NWDA about 2 years ago, and pulled some other stuff out of TS because I just didn't the quality was good enough.  I'm s-l-o-w-l-y rebuild my TS inventory with TS-certified models because the certification helps get them noticed. But it's a huge pain and a straight-up learning curve to get certification.  Now that NWDA is closed I'll likely add some of those models back to the TS inventory.

WAS

Quote from: masonspappy on August 02, 2019, 09:29:04 PM
Quote from: CredePendrel on August 01, 2019, 09:45:38 AM

Thank you!
I display my artwork on deviant art:  https://www.deviantart.com/search?q=masonspappy
The models I  sell are over at Turbosquid ( https://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/lazaruslong ) and my handle there is Lazaruslong (which makes perfect since if you ever read anything by Robert Heinlein). Don't have a lot of items in there at the moment. I transferred some of my inventory to NWDA about 2 years ago, and pulled some other stuff out of TS because I just didn't the quality was good enough.  I'm s-l-o-w-l-y rebuild my TS inventory with TS-certified models because the certification helps get them noticed. But it's a huge pain and a straight-up learning curve to get certification.  Now that NWDA is closed I'll likely add some of those models back to the TS inventory.

Oh I just love that slay. Going to remember to pick that up. Looks great.