Forum downtime for maintenance this week

Started by Oshyan, February 22, 2012, 08:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Quote from: Kadri on April 07, 2012, 09:06:02 AM

Oshyan, when i try to look at some images they go to save as mode without showing the image at all.
The ones who should show in another window.
Firefox , Chrome and Explorer are all problematic on my side.

Same here on Chrome. Also, attached images are not displaying in new posts for me, I tried to post inline full size attachments in the cloud library and they displayed as download links too. I edited the post and set the images to end of post thumbnails in the meantime.

yossam

I keep getting a HTTP 406 error when trying to post a new pic. I tried I.E. and Chrome.

Oshyan

Quote from: Kadri on April 07, 2012, 09:06:02 AM
Oshyan, when i try to look at some images they go to save as mode without showing the image at all.
The ones who should show in another window.
Firefox , Chrome and Explorer are all problematic on my side.

Yeah, as I mentioned above we're aware of this issue. Not yet sure what's causing it, but it appears to do with how the file is attached to the post. We do have a new "in-line attachments" mod that's better than the previous one and allows you to more easily embed images in the post as well as switch the display style around. Hopefully people will use that more.

- Oshyan

Dune

I too like this layout, very modern and not as 'cluttered'.

But login doesn't work very well in Opera. I enter my names, press enter (which I always did), and I get a second login screen because it was wrong. Even if I type in the names and press login, it doesn't work and I get the second screen.

j meyer

Quote from: Dune on April 08, 2012, 03:37:05 AM

But login doesn't work very well in Opera. I enter my names, press enter (which I always did), and I get a second login screen because it was wrong. Even if I type in the names and press login, it doesn't work and I get the second screen.

Same for me,everytime.My browser is Firefox.

Klas

Nice theme. How do you manage to update the database? Somewhere I read that you went into problems with updating the large database.

rcallicotte

I love the new site theme and setup, if it matters. 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

If you have saved passwords for the forum in your browser, you should clear them and re-enter. That might help the double-login issue. Also clear your cookies, if you haven't already done so.

We did get the database updated, we had some problems initially, but we eventually determined that it seemed to be due to some/all of the plugins we were using. Once those were cleared out, it went pretty smoothly.

- Oshyan

Dune

I never save passwords and always clear cookies, but it still doesn't work. I now copied the second address as my first link, so bypassing the main page. Works 1 second faster ;-) until it's solved.

Oshyan

Oshyan

It should be redirecting, but in case it's not, the forum is actually moved now to www.planetside.co.uk/forums.

- Oshyan

Dune

Ah, I thought I had that right, but now changed it and it works.

Oshyan

Glad to hear! I also cleared out a cache and did some other tune-ups today. So hopefully all is resolved now.

- Oshyan