Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

I just added a small planet with short distance and I got this.... :-\

Planet radius:       3520
Planet Distance:   20543.7

haven't changed anything else....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

child@play

perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

Njen

Aenea

nice picture....some "accidents" turn out to be very interesting....it looks like the beginning of a vulcano eruption.....catastrophe in paradise or so.......

rcallicotte

edit - I was wrong.  Here is what I get when I zoom into this same configuration -

Quote from: dhavalmistry on April 04, 2007, 02:05:56 AM
I just added a small planet with short distance and I got this.... :-\

Planet radius:       3520
Planet Distance:   20543.7

haven't changed anything else....
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

Quote from: njen on April 04, 2007, 04:55:04 AM
Does it have displacement on it?

no it doesnt have displacement

child@play

wow, with some texturing this will make really great explosions, awesome  ;D
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

old_blaggard

That's pretty weird.  I suppose Oshyan will be able to tell whether it's officially a bug or not, but either way, I'm going to have a play with that when I get the chance.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Oshyan

Actually displacement *is* being applied. When you create a new planet it  has a Power Fractal Shader applied to it by default to give it some basic form (other than just a smooth sphere). The displacement is set to an ampltitude of 5000 meters, which gives you average Earth-sized mountains for a normal-sized planet. If you significantly decrease the planet size as you have done here then the relative size of those displacements is much larger and so you get an extremely displaced sphere. Nothing unusual going on here though.

To see the shader node right-click on the planet node and choose "Internal Network". Then check out the settings in the Power Fractal. Alternatively you can click the Planet 02 node in the Objects node list, then click the small network button to the right of the node name at the top of the settings box. This will show the "internal network" in the small node window to the right.

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

Quote from: Oshyan on April 04, 2007, 01:08:28 PM
Actually displacement *is* being applied. When you create a new planet it  has a Power Fractal Shader applied to it by default to give it some basic form (other than just a smooth sphere). The displacement is set to an ampltitude of 5000 meters, which gives you average Earth-sized mountains for a normal-sized planet. If you significantly decrease the planet size as you have done here then the relative size of those displacements is much larger and so you get an extremely displaced sphere. Nothing unusual going on here though.

To see the shader node right-click on the planet node and choose "Internal Network". Then check out the settings in the Power Fractal. Alternatively you can click the Planet 02 node in the Objects node list, then click the small network button to the right of the node name at the top of the settings box. This will show the "internal network" in the small node window to the right.

- Oshyan

true...I didnt realised it....I guess I should have looked at the power fractal

moodflow

The original image is awesome!  I can see the makings of a scary sci-fi flick right there!
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music