MOLA Map shader

Started by trailgirl, May 09, 2007, 04:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

megacal

QuoteSimply choose one of the .img files in your 64 folder and the shader should automatically: A) remove the filename from the path so that it just points to the folder, and B) change the data set option. It will do that automatically. All you need to do is choose one of the .img files. You need to have downloaded all the files for the 64 data set and put them in the same folder.
-Matt

(3yr later)....Hi Matt,

I tried that, but got this output......what do I need to do next?

Also found this thread about using MOLAs, but am at a loss on how to proceed.

Thanks in advance.  :)

Oshyan

Did you select the right data set type from the dropdown for the data you're using? I just tested with MOLA64 data, seems to be working. Try zooming out for a broader view of the planet...

- Oshyan

Matt

I think you're looking at the north pole here. The radial pattern is due to the distortion you get at the poles with spherical projection. If you move the camera out to space and down to a lower latitude you should see more interesting terrain.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

megacal

I used just the meg032 .img files.

Will try zooming out to get a better view.

Thanks.  ;)

Oshyan

I believe those are the MOLA32 files, so you need to be sure to select the MEGT032 option from the dropdown in the MOLA reader.

- Oshyan

Matt

Quote from: Oshyan on August 14, 2012, 01:23:22 PM
I believe those are the MOLA32 files, so you need to be sure to select the MEGT032 option from the dropdown in the MOLA reader.

That should happen automatically whenever you select a new file.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

megacal

Yes, I did, and saw that it automatically selected the correct data set as well.

Probably a problem with the perspective. I need to go through the First Scene
guide and practice using the controls to get my bearings.

Your A,B,C directions seemed straightforward enough, so thought this would be a
good first project, and still do.

Launch TG2 > add terrain > displacement shader > MOLA map shader > load any one of the 3 .img files in the folder (?)

Then maneuver the camera higher and away from the pole (?)

Seems like even a noob could do it.  ;)