Nifty!

Started by Sethren, April 24, 2007, 12:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethren

http://www.astronet.ru/db/xware/msg/1221685

Credit: ISS Expedition 13 Crew, NASA
Explanation: Looking out a window of the International Space Station brings breathtaking views. Visible vistas include a vast and colorful Earth, a deep dark sky, and an occasional spaceship sent to visit the station. Visible on September 20 of last year was a Soyuz TMA-9 spacecraft carrying not only supplies but also three new astronauts. A few days before this picture was taken, the U.S. Space Shuttle Atlantis had just departed. The three new approaching astronauts were American Michael E. Lopez-Alegria, Russian Mikhail Tyurin, and Iranian-American Anousheh Ansari. Ms. Ansari visited the International Space Station (ISS) briefly as a paying spaceflight participant for the Federal Space Agency of Russia, and wrote a popular blog about her experiences. Lopez-Alegria would lead the ISS crew dubbed Expedition 14, which included the flight engineer and Soyuz pilot Tyurin, flight engineer American Sunita Williams, and flight engineer German Thomas Reiter. Tyurin returned to the Earth with Lopez-Alegria this past week.

Oshyan

Very cool image. I just downloaded a high definition short of a shuttle launch that includes a few minutes of footage from space as the shuttle orbits. Some really incredible stuff! Anyone wanting to do space shots in TG2 ought to get their hands on at least some images of this type, if not HD videos like the one I found.

- Oshyan

Sethren

May i inquire where you had found the video?       ;D

Oshyan

You can find this clip and lots more here: http://www.highdefforum.com/showthread.php?t=6537 (search for "shuttle" and you'll find several downloads - they're big!)

Edit: See this page for info about getting the shuttle MPEG's ftp://ftp.cmf.nrl.navy.mil/pub/iHDTV/ Need to use FTP now and login.

- Oshyan

Sethren

Neato! Thank You Sir.          :)

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?