Whatever!

Started by Sethren, April 24, 2007, 12:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethren

Singer Sheryl Crow has said a ban on using too much toilet paper should be introduced to help the environment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6583067.stm         ::)

I guess she has never heard of recycled toilet paper.

What is next, we all should stop using the bathroom.     ;D

Harvey Birdman

She's apparently also pushing a clothing line featuring 'dinner sleeves' (iirc); a detachable sleeve you can wipe your mouth on then wash, eliminating the need for paper napkins.

Of course this ignores the power consumed when doing the laundry, the chemicals detergents used, the water used... that's ok. I'm sure they thought of all this; aren't you?  ::)

So we have a woman that wipes her mouth on her sleeves and publicly campaigns against the use of toilet paper. Eeesh. No wonder Lance Armstrong parted ways with her.

Sethren

rcallicotte

Too much something going on there, no doubt.  It appears that Americans are full of excesses and I can say that with some authority, because I am one.  We seem to go to such damnable extremes in everything.  No drinking or falling down drunk.  Don't talk about sexuality or breed pedophiles.  No one can use a gun or a crazy guy is given a license to buy one and kill everyone in his college.  We claim moral superiority and yet we don't understand the meaning of GREEN.  ETC. 

But, we're free.   I'll say that for us.  ::)

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Harvey Birdman

Now now, no need to load this down with nationalistic angst... stupidity isn't limited by geopolitical boundaries.

;D

rcallicotte

LOL.  Just one countrymen to another - sometimes we make me sick.  LOL. 

Anyway, about Sheryl Crow - I just found out someone took this out of context.  She was using this reference of two-sheet toidy as an example of people taking things too far.  Like my above rant.  LOL. 

Quote from: Harvey Birdman on April 25, 2007, 04:22:31 PM
Now now, no need to load this down with nationalistic angst... stupidity isn't limited by geopolitical boundaries.

;D

Sethren

To be honest i am for the environment. I do what i can within my means. I generally live pretty simple and try to buy everything organic/environmentally friendly and use nothing but florescent bulbs but unlike those celebrities and politicians i would rather prefer to live in a small low energy household and own a tiny car.

The Geostation

hmmm.... starts wondering about the enivronmental benefit of cutting render times in a half...

Andrew Randle
Andrew Randle
The Geostation

rcallicotte

LOL

Quote from: The Geostation on April 28, 2007, 08:03:42 PM
hmmm.... starts wondering about the enivronmental benefit of cutting render times in a half...

Andrew Randle

Cyber-Angel

Given the yearly power output of large render farms like the ones used by Dream Works and ILM and the HVAC requirements of these large scale render farms some thing needs to be done at the hardware level to do the same job with less equipment, that requires less space with less power, some thing that would be small enough to sit on the desktop would be nice this would be priced within the budget of the artists who need them.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

old_blaggard

I'm guessing that with Intel's big push into lower power consumption and more cores, it won't be that hard to get something like that in the near future.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Cyber-Angel

I hope AMD would have some thing similar as well which would be only natural if they where to stay competitive in their respective market as I don't as a rule use Intel Chips and probably will only ever use AMD (Sticking with what you know and all that good stuff).

With the development of new semiconductors (Still in development) developed with Nano-Technology am I sure that we will see new kinds of computer processors many times faster and powerful then any thing we have today and these new processors will do more processing in less time with less power.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

madcowthomas

When was the last time anyone walk out the bathroom using one or two sheets of TP? If she get away that little amount then she's live on a liquid diet!
Your lack of foresight and planning does not constituted a emergency on my part.

The Geostation

Sounds like a market need for Japanese-style loos with power showers and dryers ;D

Andrew
Andrew Randle
The Geostation

rcallicotte

She was saying it as an example of going to extremes.  Sheryl Crow doesn't believe we should only use two sheets of toilet paper when we take a...potty.

Quote from: madcowthomas on April 30, 2007, 12:40:32 PM
When was the last time anyone walk out the bathroom using one or two sheets of TP? If she get away that little amount then she's live on a liquid diet!