Atrium

Started by dandelO, March 11, 2012, 06:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Kariboo

Excellent and realistic render!

bobbystahr

so how the heck did you manage the texturing man...having a devil of a time with this...How did you break it up?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

dandelO

Hi, Bobby. I just took it into Carrara and removed all the flag/cloth parts, resaved the object and imported it into TG(I'm not sure I even needed Poseray this time as Carrara saves nice objects that TG likes).

Of course, only the diffuse colour textures are intact, as always on importing a new model into TG, you'll need to reassign any bump/disp images(I just used the very same images as the colour ones for the displacement channel). Also, the plants and chains have alpha images that require reassigning, too.
It imported very well, the only real pain was navigating around the wireframe but even that wasn't too big a deal really.

bobbystahr

Quote from: dandelO on April 02, 2012, 10:10:24 AM
Hi, Bobby. I just took it into Carrara and removed all the flag/cloth parts, resaved the object and imported it into TG(I'm not sure I even needed Poseray this time as Carrara saves nice objects that TG likes).

Of course, only the diffuse colour textures are intact, as always on importing a new model into TG, you'll need to reassign any bump/disp images(I just used the very same images as the colour ones for the displacement channel). Also, the plants and chains have alpha images that require reassigning, too.
It imported very well, the only real pain was navigating around the wireframe but even that wasn't too big a deal really.

hmmmm.....I seem to have not got the textures and the model I dl'd had no plants etc...got a link for the download mate?
Never mind , half blind, and I missed the link...got it now man....sigh.....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: dandelO on April 02, 2012, 10:10:24 AM

Well as I don't have Carrera but I do have access to an older version of 3DExploration at my boss's office and I was able to break it up enough to load all the  sections into Pose ray which I primarily use for compacting huge Object Lists into Material Groups making much more useable objects I can re merge in 3dX
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: dandelO on March 11, 2012, 08:03:56 PM
I didn't make it, no. The model can still be found here on the Crytek downloads page.

I used really high render/lighting settings and that made the large image around 4 hours, the small one took 1. I could get that time down a lot with a little juggling, I'll update with more at some point.

My version, much smaller and lower res in another thread took 6 hours, must have been the reflections
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Here's a trick I remembered from my Imagine3D days where interior lighting was always a problem.
I placed a completely featureless light [no shadows,glows, specular just light intensity and fall off] beneath the Atrium center and increased it till I liked what I saw. The render on the left has half the intensity of the right image
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

That's a very clever trick, Bobby. Have to keep that in mind.

bobbystahr

that goes all the way back to Imagine for Amiga days...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New