...and God said...

Started by SWCSE, April 26, 2007, 04:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SWCSE

First image dare show on forum  ;D

108 hours to finish of render. Is still have of some grain  :(

Render have quality 384 on atmosphere, 512 on clouds, detail 1. Acceleration cache on.

Appreciate any comment and suggestion for improve please.

Tash
(Zaichik on Renderosity)
I black belt karate cook, I kill one chop

[Edit only try correct of English: SWCSE = She Who Can Strangle English *giggle*]

old_blaggard

Great clouds and lighting!  I love it how they're both majestic and realistic!  I think the banding you are referring to is from the acceleration cache - in the clouds' "Quality" tab, try turning it off.  You should then be able to decrease your atmosphere samples to about 128 as well as decreasing your cloud samples to maybe 384 or 256.  If you're using version 1.8.64, then try upgrading to 1.8.76, which should allow you to keep the cache on *and* decrease the samples, which will really speed the render.  If you're using 1.8.76, I'm sure development would be glad to get their hands on this file to see what's *still* wrong with the acceleration cache.

Oh, and welcome to the forum ;).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

Very nice.  This is well done.  I like it.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

SWCSE

Thank you old_blaggard for suggestion. I try new render no acceleration cache. Try suggestion of you atmosphere 128, clouds 256 first and see if lose of grain.

Use 1.8.76 for render not 1.8.64

Tash
I black belt karate cook, I kill one chop

Mr_Lamppost

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

dhavalmistry

"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"