glass transparency

Started by mhaze, April 06, 2012, 11:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

I've a object model of a bottle how do I get it ti render a transparent green?  I've connected a reflective shader to the parts shader but when I set transparency below .5( which renders opaque) the bottle disappears! Any guidance gratefully received. Mick

mhaze

Ok problem solved! how does one delete messages btw?

Oshyan

Normal users don't have the ability to delete messages. Glad you got your problem solved though, don't worry about removing the message (but posting your solution could be helpful to others later).

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Indeed we would...coloured glass is difficult....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

mhaze

The solution was simply to use a  reflective shader instead of a parts shader but it is only a partial solution The colour is weak and the transparency very dark.  But I was using a bottle with an inside. It may work better with a plane. Mick

Dune

Why don't you use a water shader (+ reflective shader) for your glass? You can add an opaque color in the water shader as well. Make waves zero or the glass breaks. Or multiply the water shader with a color shader, or use a merge shader to combine color and transparency.

mhaze

Cheers Dune, thanks for reminding me, seen the technique posted but never tried it. Mick