Mac and PC?

Started by elipsis1, March 03, 2012, 05:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elipsis1

Can I use Terragen on Mac and PC with one license? Looks like on the order page, it is per platform... eek... PC is a desktop, laptop is a macbook pro...

donnievegas

Yes you can, I too asked this question and was informed that you can indeed do this.

Have fun!

Oshyan

Correct, as long as you're not using them both for scene design/development simultaneously, and you are the only user (i.e. two people can't use it). But you can have TG2 installed on multiple machines and use one at a time for scene development.  You do also get additional licenses for rendering purposes only, which can be used simultaneously for rendering, up to the total number of licenses you have (e.g. buying TG2 Deep gives you 1 'workstation' (scene design) licenses and 3 render node licenses, 4 total).

- Oshyan

Cyber-Angel

Dose Planetside offer or plan to do so site licenses for production facilities with many artists for example allowing Terragen to be installed on a license server which hosts the application for the facility with the artists acessing it from their local machine: Also for renderfarms with more than four render nodes?

Or is the EULA as worded in such away that they would be required to purchase multiple seats of TG2 on a per artist or per every additional four render nodes, cost prohibitive if you have a Death Star type farm with say 5,000+ Nodes?

I don't have such responsibilities but clarification for those who do or may do so in future would be useful.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel         

Oshyan

We are happy to discuss site licenses for very large render farms, but we also offer standard bulk discount rates as described on our purchase page which links to the handy calculator here: http://www.planetside.co.uk/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,65/
As you can see at 50 licenses we offer a standard 30% discount. Above that number of licenses it would be worth discussing site licensing, but keep in mind 50 Deep + Animation purchases would actually be 50 x 6 = 300 licenses you could use for rendering.

- Oshyan