The RANCH supports Terragen 2 and 3!

Started by RenderFred, March 28, 2012, 03:06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenderFred

Hi everyone,

just to announce that we have updated the RANCH with version 2.5.4.

Cheers

Fred
Chief Technology Officer
The RANCH
www.ranchcomputing.com

RenderFred

I'd like to announce that the RANCH is now supporting the 'sparse cache' technique for rendering animations with Global Illumination (GI). All the gory details are in our PDF guide for Terragen users (pages 7-8), but basically you can now render every nth GI cache file on the RANCH (instead of one per frame) during the GI cache generation project. These will then be used by the rendering project(s); each rendered frame will use an interpolation between several GI 'sparse-cache' files, which will give you the best image quality.

If you intend to render animations with GI on the RANCH, our prepass/rendering method gives you the following advantages:

- you don't have to render the GI cache files yourself (and it will be faster on the RANCH)
- you don't have to upload GI cache files to the RANCH (as they can be huge)
- you can reuse the cache files in several renders (for instance when you split a big project into several small ones)

Cheers

Fred
Chief Technology Officer
The RANCH
www.ranchcomputing.com

Oshyan

Most excellent, this is a great feature to have. Glad to see you continue to add support for more TG features. :)

- Oshyan

RenderFred

Hi everyone,

just to announce that we are now running with 2.5.5.0  :)

Cheers

Fred
Chief Technology Officer
The RANCH
www.ranchcomputing.com

RenderFred

Hello everyone,

as you probably know we have been supporting Terragen 3 from day one, and we are offering a 100 Euro render credit to every Terragen 3 buyer!

I am also glad to announce that all our rendering servers are now equipped with 48 GB RAM. It can come in handy for heavy projects...

Cheers,

Fred

The RANCH renderfarm
Chief Technology Officer
The RANCH
www.ranchcomputing.com

RenderFred

Hello,

just to announce that we are now running with 3.1.02.0.

Cheers,

Fred
Chief Technology Officer
The RANCH
www.ranchcomputing.com

RenderFred

Hello everyone,

I am glad to announce that the new RANCH is now up and running!

- the RANCH Runner is now 2 to 3 times as fast with at least 450 render nodes per project
- a brand new web site, better-looking, more modern and easier to navigate
- no more time limits, and as always the full power behind each project
- last but not least, very affordable prices!

And we still offer 50 euros render credits to new users...

Cheers,

Fred
Chief Technology Officer
The RANCH
www.ranchcomputing.com

Tangled-Universe

Thanks for the update Fred :)

I hope to use your service somewhere this year!

Cheers,
Martin

RenderFred

Hi everyone,

I am glad to announce that from October 1 to October 31, the RANCH is even more affordable!

Prices have been dropped from 1.5 cent to 0.9 cent per GHz-H (-40%!) on the Sapphire formula! Higher priority formulas like Emerald (from 2.0 to 1.4 cent, -30%) and Ruby (2.5 to 1.9 cent, -24%) are also cheaper in october... don't miss this opportunity!

If you never rendered Terragen projects on a 1000-Xeon cpu system, now seems like a good time to try...

Fred
Chief Technology Officer
The RANCH
www.ranchcomputing.com

RenderFred

Hi,

I am glad to announce that we are now running with Terragen 3.2. We also have a lot of news on the ergonomics side that you may find interesting in our latest newsletter.

Cheers,

Fred
Chief Technology Officer
The RANCH
www.ranchcomputing.com