Is .3ds file importing supported in Terragen 2?

Started by elipsis1, March 28, 2012, 01:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Wouldn't Collada support be wonderful! Sequenced objects work fine to animate but it would be nice to use just one .dae file that could be swapped back and forth between any of the other 3D applications out there, instead of a heavy pile of objects, one for each frame. Object animation and editing would be so much easier. Other than the preview video for object sequencing, that I think Goldfarb made together with Houdini, I don't think I've seen any single use of it yet. I think that comes down mainly to the awkward way you must load sequenced files in TG and that most people probably just don't really get an easy grip on the How-to of that. The %d command is clunky and glitchy if you don't ctrl+v it into TG in one move. A known moan but it would be great indeed to have a little more options for object loading.

Kadri

Yes Martin +1  :)

The %d could be like in most other software; a basic check box for example that says "Sequenced objects" or "Sequenced images" with file names like image001.jpg or object001.obj would be so much easier .
It is not so much rocket science but why should it be so different for no apparent reason ?

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?