Forum e-mail and G-mail

Started by TheBadger, September 07, 2012, 03:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Hello,

The university that provides me with my e-mail account recently contracted its e-mail services to Google. For the most part everything is way better. But now the notifications I get from Planetside forums (you have a new message) gets dumped in spam.
I clicked on "not spam" for one of the notification and it went to my in box.

Does this mean all future email from this forum will go to my in box now? Or will I have to keep checking the spam folder?

Sorry for the Luddite question, but I have only had three e-mail accounts my whole life, and this new one is the most advanced.  ;D
It has been eaten.

Upon Infinity

I'm with Yahoo! and they have programmed it to be smart enough to know that all future messages from a particular address will now go to the inbox.  I'm assuming Google's service would be equivalent or better.

masonspappy

Your Planetside email "should" now go to regular email.  Mine does.
- Cam
P.S.  But if doesn't hurt to check to be sure.

penboack

The usual trick is to add the Planetside sending address to your address book, it should then go straight through.

I use a separate account for forum emails, mainly to avoid too much distraction.

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

Oshyan

You can also setup a filter. When you're viewing a message, or if you have one checked in the message list, you can click the More button and choose Filter Messages Like These, then just choose to never send them to spam.

- Oshyan