Underwater Scene

Started by sonshine777, April 27, 2007, 02:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonshine777

Playing with the transparent water again (what can I say?) tried from the under side this time. Low and Behold there were fish down there! ;) I am still playing with this one so there will be updates and a finished .tgd
I want to work on some caustics on the canyon walls, maybe some plants and the water still needs work.

:) Comments are welcome. :)

rcallicotte

Brilliant!  I love it.  I can't believe how much we can do even with workarounds.  I can't wait for the real thing.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

sonshine777

I'm with you there. I think that the "work-arounds" will still prove useful after the final is out. :)

chefc

Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

rcallicotte

Let us see the final when you're finished, okay?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

sonshine777

old_blaggard

Nice job.  That's pretty creative!  A bit more haze would have helped simulate the water better in my opinion, but it already looks really good.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

sonshine777

The haze is one of the things I am working on. The atmosphere haze didn't give me the control I needed (or wanted) so I used a distance shader and colored the cut-off a slate blue and set it at 200 meters. I may have to shorten the distance. The other thing I want to figure out is how to make the caustics diminish in size as it goes down the sides of the canyon. Through the camera is the clearest but all of the caustic patterns are the same size because the projection is flat, the y-plan doesen't work on the walls and the x or z just don't look right. Oh well enough rambling.  :)