A new Tornado approach

Started by nbk2, April 07, 2012, 12:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nbk2

Hmm, I wasn't really aiming for irradiance. But I played A lot around with densities and sharpness and try to set under lightning ;ight propagation at 4 and higher and environment light at 2.

I saw in the file it's close to the picture. I was mostly form chasing so might have not saved at the right point.

When I had a form I liked I tried to give it a better tornado colour. Mostly by playing around with above mentioned settings.

I'll attach the converted bmps, I am quite sure they should be B&W.

dandelO

Then I can't see where you've got that funky green cloud-lining from at all!
I'd assumed you had some slight colour input to one of your cloud layers but, yes, the maps are all b/w indeed.
Cool construction, anyway, I tried to do a big heavy twister storm like this before but gave up. You're definitely on the right track. :)

nbk2

All I have done is basically taken below cloud (a helix) and twisted it again (another helix) made it a bit wider and used the depth modulator to bring more form to it.

I would try with density 333 and sharpness 0.0006 and then light propagation 4 and enviro light at 2.

IMO the irradiance is probably the propagated light which pics up enviro light. I occasionally also did the same with the cloud layer above.

What you see is a very tight helix that is helixed again. It depends how light propagation etc is programmed.

The whole reason is that a cyclone seems to be compacted internally but the edges fizzle out.

Is there a way to introduce univariate random noise? I tried to pick out one axis from a perlin but it put 3 axis through.

mogn

Put your axis into  x, y or z input of a build vector set the other inputs to non zero constants.
The output of the build vector to the input of the Perlin noise.

nbk2

Quote from: mogn on April 28, 2012, 04:44:14 AM
Put your axis into  x, y or z input of a build vector set the other inputs to non zero constants.
The output of the build vector to the input of the Perlin noise.

Cool thanks..  ;D

Kadri

Quote from: dandelO on April 27, 2012, 06:22:39 PM
Then I can't see where you've got that funky green cloud-lining from at all!
I'd assumed you had some slight colour input to one of your cloud layers but, yes, the maps are all b/w indeed.

I don't know the inner working of TG2 but the masks are not pure gray scale images...They are RGB files but i do not know if this is the real reason .

nbk2

Light propagation 4 enviro light 2 standard 0.006 density and 5 sharpness

To the left of the tree there is hopefully the searched effect going on.