The Camera; the future?

Started by choronr, December 23, 2006, 10:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

Certainly most of us have gotten comfortable with the camera usage in Terragen v0.9; specifically with camera height above surface; fixed height above surface; pitch; and, panning from left to right. I could find points of view easily with this set up. Now, with Terragen 2, I find this new camera maneuvering difficult to control - especially with zooming in closer on the subject of a scene. In Terragen v0.9 we could set the numers for specific heights, pitches and etc.

What does the future hold for changes in this area?

Bob   

Oshyan

There are a lot of changes planned. This is a pretty basic implementation at present. There is more discussion going on in this thread:

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=115.0

- Oshyan

choronr

Thanks Oshyan; I've checked it out. Hopefully next week I'm going for the purchase. Since I'm registered with v0.09 is the cost $100; or, am I reading this wrong?

Bob

Oshyan

That's correct, as a registered 0.9 user you would get the Terragen 2 "Deep" product for $100. "Deep + Animation" would be $200 at this time. Animation will be available at a later time as a separate upgrade, but the cost will be greater than buying Deep + Animation now.

- Oshyan

choronr

Oshyan, you must stay up all day and all night tending these posts ...don't know how you do it. Thank you or getting back so quickly. I have followed the protocol and e-mailed Planetside for a quotation based on that I am a v0.09 version user and included copies of the original transaction. Hopefully, after the Holidays, I will hear from them.

Thank you sir for your help.

Bob

Oshyan

You are very welcome. It's actually surprisingly easy to keep on top of the forums here. I use RSS to notify me of new posts and I'm at my computer a fair amount working on various things, so if I see something pop up I just come check it out. In most cases I know the answer and will post (although sometimes I get it wrong :D).

Anyway I'm glad to be able to help, and pleased that you'll be upgrading to the latest and greatest. I'm quite sure you will be happy with the final product and it'll be a good ride until then. :)

- Oshyan