Days End on Geti Prime

Started by Markal, April 17, 2012, 08:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markal

Postworked lunarcell moons over the TG2 rendered moons. The TG2 original small upper moon was distorted and looked streached from the lower right to the upper left at about a 45 degree angle....what causes this??? I corrected it with postwork and the overlay. This took forever to render...I'm going with lower quality settings from now on. :)
Comments, critiques and suggestions are all appreciated...Thanks!

mhaze

Nice colour and great sky, mist is a bit to bright for me.

Kadri

Nice render Markal !

Was your moon rendered like this?

[attachimg=1]

Not sure but you probably use too high FOV settings in the render camera settings.

[attachimg=2]

After 90 and so it gets much more distorted.

Zairyn Arsyn

this awesome, great backdrop and postwork in this one.  :)
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

elipsis1

I love the image  ;D

What did you use for the starfield? 

I have lunar cell and glitterado, but haven't really touched them since I bought Terragen

Markal

Thanks Kadri...mis-shaped moons has happened to me on more than one occasion and now I know what to look for...thanks so much!

Elipsis1...the background is available here, its "starfield background" by moodflow. The clip file is a few years old but, should be easy to find in the file sharing area...its a great addition to any space or night image...the stars and nebula are easy to manipulate. Shame on me for not giving credit to moodflow and the others who made the plants. :(

Thanks for the suggestions and comments!

masonspappy

@ Kardri: Thanks!  I've wondered about distortions in some of my renderings.  THis sounds like something I need to take a closer look at.