New item:Export Gathered Project

Started by Mid-Knight Acchan, April 17, 2012, 11:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid-Knight Acchan

In what case does this work?
" The button of Gather Project and Assets" is gray forever  :-[
I started 3D landscape with "Bryce" and am currently editing Japanese Wiki as a Terragen user. I am riding the Kawasaki ZEPHYR1100. I am a reader.

cyphyr

"Export Gathered Project" will only work if the project has "assets" to gather. These will be models, images and heightfields.
This will put all the objects, images and hightfields in a folder of your choice.

If your project has no assets you can save the project to a new location without using "Export Gathered Project".

Note that you will have to re-create any render output folders or re-map the output image location.

hope this helps

Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Kadri

Not sure but his problem is different Richard if i understand him correctly.
The menu is selectable with a default scene at start too here.

cyphyr

Sorry I should have been more clear.
"Export Gathered Project" is visible and click-able from the File menu.
However when launched the button in the "Export Gathered Project" window called "Gather Project and Assets" will be grey unless there are assets to export.
Does that make more sense ? :)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Kadri

Quote from: cyphyr on April 17, 2012, 02:30:46 PM
Sorry I should have been more clear.

Problem was on my side Richard no need to be sorry  :)

Mid-Knight Acchan

In thanking you, it is consent.
The together saved tgd file is the same as the project file completely.

thx Both persons :D
I started 3D landscape with "Bryce" and am currently editing Japanese Wiki as a Terragen user. I am riding the Kawasaki ZEPHYR1100. I am a reader.

luvsmuzik

I will ask this here:
If you successfully export a gathered project, do you still have to change the file directories on objects if you open the project on another non network pc?

archonforest

Technically no since they are gathered in the Project Assets folder and TG will pick them up from there.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

luvsmuzik

Quote from: archonforest on April 19, 2018, 02:13:25 PM
Technically no since they are gathered in the Project Assets folder and TG will pick them up from there.

Thank you archonforest. I want to try this on a file I know is going to give me 200 directory message errors. I could just start over, but it would still have that many shaders. :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on April 19, 2018, 04:32:20 PM
Quote from: archonforest on April 19, 2018, 02:13:25 PM

Thank you archonforest. I want to try this on a file I know is going to give me 200 directory message errors. I could just start over, but it would still have that many shaders. :)

And if you get messages about missing assets it's generally textures so I cancel out after making note of the missing assets and go into the objects and reassign the missing textures and the Gather again.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist