Lonely Point

Started by sonshine777, April 29, 2007, 12:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonshine777

Playing around with strata and texture.

Enjoy. :)

old_blaggard

Great use of strata, and I love your grass!  This image looks pretty darn realistic to me.  Good job!
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

I like it.  A little more playing around with the terrain's appearance (maybe) and get the grass a little more realistically dispersed and this is on its way to breathtaking, I think.  Great strata and awesome point of view.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

The texturing in the foreground is superb, absolutely spot-on. The rest of the image seems a little barren with this greenery in the foreground, but otherwise it's a great image all around.

- Oshyan

ProjectX

The grass on the steeper bits are floating occasionally, and some colour variation would be cool. Other than that, and what Oshyan said, it's sweet render

3DGuy

Great image overall, but there is some weirdness below the tree. If you follow the grass from left to right it ends up in some blurry something. Also there's an abrubt black border there. The blurry part is also presend in the roundish shape just to the lower right of the tree.

sonshine777

Thanks for the comments Oshyan, I will see what I can do about vegetation in the distance, My fist efforts were to populate those areas but the count to make it look real were huge I am going to try a combo of power fractal and population.

The "blurry" and black borders in the potholes are some water that didn't take very well, it is something I am working on also.

The grass that appears to be floating really isn't when I render it there are little flat places where you see grass.

I will post a new image with some of the above comments later.

Thanks guys. :)

The Geostation

Nice one sonshine777!   [Dons anorak] Looks like the canyon is built from the TG2 heightfield functions.

Andrew
Andrew Randle
The Geostation

sonshine777

It's actually a snap shot of the Grand Canyon dem that other have talked about in other posts (I'm not sure exactly where the posts are) I already had the terrain for the old TG. I can see if I can remember which post it was. 

sonshine777

Here is an updated image with several of the comments included, it does look better. Thanks guys.

Enjoy. :)

Edit: De-saturated using Photoshop

ProjectX

I think the scene's colours might be a tad bright, but other than that, you're onto a winner.

Oshyan

The additional vegetation definitely adds to the quality of the scene. I think the bushes are probably a bit too saturated and "bright" - in fact I wouldn't expect vegetation to be quite so vibrant looking in general. But otherwise it's rather nice. Good work. :)

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

Those bushes are sort of pretty...reminds me of something I've seen in a Pixar movie.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

sonshine777

Quote from: Oshyan on May 01, 2007, 02:03:48 PM
The additional vegetation definitely adds to the quality of the scene. I think the bushes are probably a bit too saturated and "bright" - in fact I wouldn't expect vegetation to be quite so vibrant looking in general. But otherwise it's rather nice. Good work. :)

- Oshyan

The brightness comes from turning up the enviro lighting to lighten up the shadows a little more. I can probably tone down the color on the models to compensate.

Oshyan

Yeah, I don't mind the overall brightness, it's just that the bushes seem such a harsh contrast. If they were desaturated a bit I think it'd work better.

- Oshyan