Previewing animations with Picassa

Started by bigben, May 02, 2007, 08:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

Hi All

One of the problems with rendering animation frames out of sequence is that it can be a bit awkward previewing the animation until it's finished. While checking out the frames of a render in Picassa I noticed that if you simply scroll through the images using the left/right arrow keys, you get a neat animation in the Photo Tray in the bottom left of the window.

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1422.0;attach=3741;image

The best part of this is that you don't have to compile a video from the frames before viewing it... and you can start from any frame and go backwards and forwards at whatever rate you want (either hold the arrow key down or tap it repeatedly). Then by doing a progressive render (1/128th frame, 1/64th frame etc...) you can quickly see if there are any obvious problem areas to the animation

Oshyan

Similiar sort of thing can be done with any fast, sequential media viewer of course. My particular favorite is XnView. :)

- Oshyan

bigben

Quote from: Oshyan on May 02, 2007, 09:09:58 PM
... My particular favorite is XnView. :)

- Oshyan

Thanks Oshyan... This does have some very nift features, particularly for larger previews via a slide show.