Combining SimpleShapeShaders

Started by j meyer, May 07, 2012, 10:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: bobbystahr on May 13, 2012, 05:40:10 AM
test   previous post wouldn't connect   test
Sigh,   I'm going to have to ask someone to make this work for me. I just can't wrangle my brain around it somehow.
Here's the .tgd that has me stumped...just replace all the image maps with brick image maps of your own, likewise with the ground...I'll be eternally grateful as this is ruining my Terragen time....pic with atmo off for clarity.
peace and gratitude
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Quote from: bobbystahr on May 13, 2012, 05:42:02 AM
Sigh,   I'm going to have to ask someone to make this work for me. I just can't wrangle my brain around it somehow.
Here's the .tgd that has me stumped...just replace all the image maps with brick image maps of your own, likewise with the ground...I'll be eternally grateful as this is ruining my Terragen time....pic with atmo off for clarity.
peace and gratitude
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: bobbystahr on May 13, 2012, 05:42:39 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on May 13, 2012, 05:42:02 AM
peace and gratitude
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Sorry, that's the only way I could get the attachments to load....strange...I tried 4 times before with just a hang on connecting.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

no takers after 2 weeks so I guess it's un-doable...sigh....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

TheBadger

What are the practical uses of this. I have been trying to imagine what I could do with this but cant think of too much. Granted I'm pretty sleepy, but still.
It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

Quote from: TheBadger on May 29, 2012, 12:05:58 PM
What are the practical uses of this. I have been trying to imagine what I could do with this but cant think of too much. Granted I'm pretty sleepy, but still.
While I can't really think of a global use for this. I myself like sculpting with SimpleSSs and would like to be able to control the textures because I, as a colourblind soul, am pressed to use image maps who's colours are known to me...and I haven't really had a lot of success...I'm trying to assess whether or not to abandon this Quixotic Quest
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

I haven't had time to look into it, Bobby. But I think you need to set it up differently; use each SSS with both displacement and its color map after an initial compute terrain (if you need one) as input to a surface layer (child and perhaps blend), and see where that goes.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on May 30, 2012, 02:46:00 AM
I haven't had time to look into it, Bobby. But I think you need to set it up differently; use each SSS with both displacement and its color map after an initial compute terrain (if you need one) as input to a surface layer (child and perhaps blend), and see where that goes.

I'll give that a try later...back in music mode mostly the last few weeks. Just finished my solo cd...just me and my axe....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Ah, you're online... I just wanted to add a little experiment for you. maybe it helps a bit. Good luck. Nice to hear of your music, you actually brought out a cd? Great!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on May 30, 2012, 03:26:08 AM
Ah, you're online... I just wanted to add a little experiment for you. maybe it helps a bit. Good luck. Nice to hear of your music, you actually brought out a cd? Great!
I'll give that a try, was just crashing when your post came in and didn't see it till now...10:30 A M in Canuckistan....thanks for you efforts on my behalf....will be posting a link for mp3's of the tunes soonish for my out of town friends to dl...will spam here and all my other 3D stops with that in early July....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

j meyer

Just for the record: tested your file yesterday evening and
all that was necessary(beside loading images)was to crank
up the displ values 2 or 3 times. ;)

bobbystahr

Quote from: j meyer on May 30, 2012, 12:40:54 PM
Just for the record: tested your file yesterday evening and
all that was necessary(beside loading images)was to crank
up the displ values 2 or 3 times. ;)
the original file?....could you save the .tgd and post/send it....I am totally at sea on this and would like it to work...thanks in advance...off to rehearsal for another friend's cd release....they're all gonna owe me come time for mine, hee hee hee
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

j meyer

Sorry Bobby,but I deleted anything right after checking it out.
Just download/take your newSSStest_0001 file open it and go
to all surface layers displacement tabs and inrease the values.
Nothing more to it,really.
Happy jammin',J.

bobbystahr

Quote from: j meyer on May 31, 2012, 10:26:28 AM
Sorry Bobby,but I deleted anything right after checking it out.
Just download/take your newSSStest_0001 file open it and go
to all surface layers displacement tabs and inrease the values.
Nothing more to it,really.
Happy jammin',J.

Thanks man...off to give that a try....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New