Economy to worsen ?

Started by penang, May 25, 2012, 05:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

penang

The situation in the Eurozone looks to get worse by the day

Even the IMF chief had to resort to outright spikeful chiding trying to inject some sense into the situation

On hindsight, I wonder could the Eurozone crisis be better handled if EU had chucked out Greece much earlier ?

What I mean is, the hundred of Billions that had been pumped into Greece' economy are all essentially been wasted - those money could have been used for much better purposes

AP

It is comparable to getting drunk. You want a little then you want more but the more you have , the worse the hangover will be when it is all over after you could get drunk no longer after the system crashes. The EU is like the Bartender and Greece is like the man sitting there with the glass in his hand. It is like Wall Street. The Government was the Bartender and Wall Street was the man with the glass.

penang

Quote from: ChrisC on May 29, 2012, 02:40:10 AMIt is comparable to getting drunk. You want a little then you want more but the more you have , the worse the hangover will be when it is all over after you could get drunk no longer after the system crashes. The EU is like the Bartender and Greece is like the man sitting there with the glass in his hand. It is like Wall Street. The Government was the Bartender and Wall Street was the man with the glass.

Perusing your analogy, I wonder if it would be much better for that EU bartender to throw Greece out of the EU bar before Greece could have the chance in consuming additional 100 more glasses of fine wine (and in the process, gotten more drunk)

Wouldn't that be wonderful for all parties?

Greece wouldn't have gotten such a devastating hangover, while those 100 glasses of fine wine could have been consumed by others?

penang

In BBC Radio's most recent episode of "Hardtalk", they interviewed Prof. Yiannis Milios, top economic advisor for Greece's left-leaning Syriza party.

If you are interested in hearing what the Greeks have to say about the economic crisis, I suggest you dl the podcast of the hardtalk program

It's 24 minutes in length

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/worldservice/ht/ht_20120530-0130a.mp3