Feature request: clone render window

Started by pokoy, June 13, 2012, 10:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pokoy

It would be cool if you could just clone the render window so you could compare two renders side by side... or some kind of render history where you could navigate through the renders.

Oshyan

Yeah, that's definitely a good idea. We do have plans for improvements to the render view which will probably include some method to compare with previous renders.

- Oshyan

cyphyr

I've always wanted a "Last render time = ?" somewhere in the current render window.
Just my 2p worth :)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

jaf

I have a similar request (yes, I've brought this up before! ;D)  One of the few things I really miss from my old Bryce days is the way the crop (they called it plop) render worked.  You could select an area and render it without losing the previous image.  This was great for making changes and comparing them.  Here's a Bryce render with three material changes shown in strips (plop renders.)

(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Dune

I always use a workaround by hitting print screen and pasting it in Irfanview (always on top). Works fine, since we lost the 100% view ;-[ . I nevertheless hope to get the 100% view back, staff. And I would indeed like to be able to keep some previous renders or have a second render screen.

pokoy

Ah, already wondered why it it's not possible to view at 100%.

A true crop mode would be good too. Right now it's more of a region render mode with the full res frame being shown even if the crop area is 100 x 100 pix.

That 'plop' thing sounds good too.

So some changes would be definitely useful, thanks for considering!

Klas

Quote from: Dune on June 15, 2012, 03:25:05 AM
I always use a workaround by hitting print screen and pasting it in Irfanview
I am using PicPick http://www.picpick.org/ - free for personal use.

jaf

It's not that hard to use a screen capture and overlay, though the method used in Bryce insures everything "line up" without any effort. 

I may be wrong and the Planetside staff will tell me, but it seems everything is already in place to simple overlay a crop render (or not.)  Just don't clear the render window and render the crop area.  This would make it really easy to compare changes to area of interest.

By the way, I'm not a Bryce fan though it may seem like it.  I can't believe how bad it looks compared to TG2.  Just that plop render was so convenient.

We've come a long ways!   
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02