Masking Fake Stones

Started by monks, June 26, 2012, 07:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin F

re - Can anyone explain what the "Separate Geometry" parameter does?
My searches aren't coming up with anything other than people saying they don't use it!

From what I remember it's not actually in use or been in use since day one. Oshyan said something years back about it being a to be feature, but so far it's not been activated or removed. Matt?

monks

Thanks for that Bobby, that's very helpful!  ;)

monks

Matt

"Separate geometry" doesn't do anything. I don't know why we still have the parameter in there - we should remove it.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Matt on July 02, 2012, 09:00:48 PM
"Separate geometry" doesn't do anything. I don't know why we still have the parameter in there - we should remove it.

Matt

Hear Hear!!!!been driving me nuts with it's non usefulness...keep wanting it to do something useful like float the stones in 3D...then we could make rain with stones
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

You can make stone rains (hailstorms) if you like, just sit several pops of stones on virtual very displaced terrains.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 04, 2012, 02:59:32 AM
You can make stone rains (hailstorms) if you like, just sit several pops of stones on virtual very displaced terrains.
yup and make the terrain invisible...was just tryin t think of a use for that button...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

A PF sidetrack (or even loose) is enough for them to sit on.

10 second example:

bobbystahr

checking this out...thanks mate....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New