Terragen 2.4 free non-commercial version now available

Started by Oshyan, July 06, 2012, 07:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

If you've been looking forward to trying out some of the new Terragen 2.4 features, today is your day. The free, non-commercial edition of version 2.4 is now available for download in the usual location:
http://planetside.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=30&Itemid=170

Remember, this can be used as a commercial trial for 30 days as well.

Enjoy!

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

pixelpusher636

Yes sir! Very interested in this program (fairly new to me) called Terragen. However, I'm also a but sad as it seems the forums and everything regarding any sort of activity has died? How can this be? This program capable of such magnificence? please just tell me everyone went on holiday at once.
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

Andrew March

What do you mean the forums are dead, they are livelier than ever.

reck

Quote from: Andrew March on August 14, 2012, 05:25:28 PM
What do you mean the forums are dead, they are livelier than ever.

Andrew, the forums are very quite nowadays. I joined back in 2006 and although I don't post a lot I do subscribe to the RSS feed so I get to see how much activity there is on a day to day basis and how it compares to the past. I'd say in the past 6-12 months the activity has dropped a tremendous amount from say a year or so ago.

One of the things that bring people to the forums are new releases of the software and due to the way Terragen is developed sometimes there are many months between versions. They don't tend to do small incremental updates or beta releases, well not public betas anyway, so I think that has a big impact as well. Also there doesn't seem to be as much picture posting either, not sure why this is.

Hopefully the winter months will bring back some more activity, lets see....

Oshyan

There is commonly somewhat of a lull in the Northern hemisphere summertime. You can see all the stats for past years of the forum here:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=stats
We're not doing too bad overall, relative to past years.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

could we maybe have a post here in the forum when the free version is released...most frustrating going there every day to check when I could find out here where I browse and post often...just an idea for the poor folk who can't afford the full version
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

The original post above *was* an announcement of the 2.4 free version availability. We always post about it here. If that's not what you're asking for, I'm really not clear what your request is.

- Oshyan