Fake Stones color

Started by choronr, July 08, 2012, 01:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

An easy answer would be to use the Distribution shader on each stone, then you could even mask coverage of that distribution with a power fractal mask. Your merge shaders also have options for mixing.

Examine some files from File Sharing that are usually derived from images posted in Image Sharing. People are great about explaining as a project is developed the "how to" :) If you see a stone network you like in a tgd, you can make a clip file of that and insert it in your own project, be aware the terrain seed and fractal may not give you the same result, but that can usually be adjusted to unique terrain. Take note of the parent of the stones, ie, are they on a layer, a simple shape, masked terrain....

Fabien Sokal

Sorry for dumb question, if it is ))) I'm kind of new to TG. Using it for just couple of weeks.

Thank you again. Seems like i managed this out with your help. I used a surface layer with no restrictions, plugged in merged pyramid of four Fake stones shaders and different Distribution shaders with Terrain/Texture and Terrain settings for altitude and slope restrictions respectively, as a mask for each Fake stone shader. That seems to work generally, stones are distributed correctly and shaded quite properly... But there are still artefacts on some stones. Very little, but still. And they seems to me even scenic. I suppose it's for severe deforms of surface before with no smoothing on at stones layer (i read that from honored Tangled Universe, don't ask me )) but i really want to leave them that way with smoothing off). So i consider the problem solved. Thanx to all ))

PS: All surface layers like soil, grass, etc are before stones in node chain, after stones there are compute terrain and layers that must affect stones, like wetness, etc. If this is important

luvsmuzik

This is still on the WIKI page. Useful for stone displacement step by step procedures. I have never actually (and I should} viewed the fake stones to see the mesh itself in wireframe as that greatly determines how the fractal or image will displace the stones. It also varies when using a population.
Anyway, take a look if you wish. :)
http://www.planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Terragen_2_Tutorials#Intro_to_the_Fake_Stones_Shader