MushroomForest (Updated P.2)

Started by TheBadger, July 10, 2012, 01:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphyr

Excellent work, my favourite is Variation2.

Quote from: TheBadger on August 06, 2012, 05:35:24 AM
A news report that suggests the images in this thread may prove I am both a pervert, and/or, a devil worshiper.
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/403623/december-05-2011/mysteries-of-the-ancient-unknown---2012-end-of-times

Cant access video this side of the pond but I would "have" to say that your in very good company :)

Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

RArcher

Great!  I like the styling of Variation 2 the best.  Gives it the most surrealistic look I think.

Pentagular Dark

So, like everyone else my favorite is Variation 2. The others seemed a bit well gloomy in comparison.
GAH!!! Don't look down here! Look at the posts man!

Oshyan

Another vote for Variation #2.

- Oshyan

Dune

Wauw! That is an excellent job you pulled off, TheBadger!

TheBadger

Hey guys, thanks for helping me out with feed back!

The images I have shown are important, because how I decide to go from here will define the look of the whole project.
The place your looking at in these images are part of an ecological (can't think of the term) area that exists between a forest and a prairie. That is, its supposed to be like that area, with mushrooms rather than trees and bushes and stuff.

I'm working on the deep forest tonight. and you can see the "prairie" area starting (look closely) in the background of image one p.1 The "deep forest" is behind you in both views.

I have done a ruff production schedule for this, and Im looking at one year maybe 1 and 1/2 years to finish if I do everything by my self.  :-[ But I think that it will be better to have finished in a year than to have not done it at all.  ;D Actually, I will need to use professional services for the music and audio, but I'll worry on that later.

On variation 2. I am with you guys! The more I look at it, the more potential I see. I know that the prints will look great that way, just not sure about the animations. Easy enough to find out though, once the animations tests are done.
Imagine the prints on hand made artist paper, printed by Gum bichromates, or color transfer, or Liquid emulsion 8) Lots of fun!

@cyphyr
try a US based proxy like http://hidemyass.com/ ...something like this may work. or try youtube. Its worth the effort (i think) funny as heck! maybe google colbert/William Tapley

@CatfishEatist
Gloomy may make sense though. You have to imagine an army of "animal human hybrids" marching down the path two by two, in goose step. And carrying spears. Obviously they are on their way to the next village to slaughter and conquer.  :-X

@Tangled-Universe,
I believe I can get a render down to an hour, at or near the size you mentioned (maybe).  And yes, a slight camera movement, like a gentle floating, or carful hand held feeling may be just perfect. I also want the fog to drift ever so slightly. And its not the plan, but a little wind on a few of the green plants my really help. I am also working on *insects* like fireflies and a butter fly in Element 3d and a modeling program, but that will be composited.
When and if all of this comes together, I think I will have something pretty sweet.

P.S.

I should say my ambition is to make a pilot episode for a animated cartoon series for "adult swim" I hope to be able to put enough footage together for 3-5 episodes. And if the pilot fails, then to re-edit the episodes into a single feacher, to try and sell.

Episodes without commercials would be like 19min, 22 with credits, 30 with commercials.
I know this sounds terribly ambitious, and far far fetched. But what else am I supposed to do with an art degree and a film degree. Work at McDonalds? Ok, Ill work there if I have to, but every dollar I make is going to this project.  ;D

Anyway, even if I completely fail, I'll still have a hell of a demo!

*edited for clarity
It has been eaten.

Jo Kariboo

Excellent!!! Variation 2 is my favorite. A beautiful realization.