West

Started by choronr, July 15, 2012, 02:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

Ever get into a style rut; you probably know what I'm talking about ...same old, same old stuff. I've got to start concentrating on different lighting and terrain builds.

All vegetation used here are Walli's models.

masonspappy

Yeah, I know what you mean... creating images that are different but still simlar.  Speaking only for myself, it would probably be a good idea to step outside my comfort zone and create something different.

TheBadger

I feel your pain too.
I fight the ruts by looking at good art by others. Go lurk some art forums and portfolios for a while. Check out some photography. And better yet, go to the woods, find something unremarkable-not at all special, and think of a way to present it that makes it look interesting... Take a camera. You'll come back with more ideas than you know what to do with.

Nice comp by the way.
It has been eaten.

choronr

Thanks to you both. I can no longer use Photoshop for post processing and have to use a combination of 'Paint' and 'Gimp' that yield less than expected results. I use them mainly for resizing. Most all gallery sites limit you to a 512kb pixel size (wish they could be larger).

RArcher

Very nice light Bob, though I might push up the exposure a notch or two to get some additional highlights on the tree.  Something seems to have gone wrong with the post-work however?  Looks like there is an odd grid overlaying the image?

choronr

Quote from: RArcher on July 16, 2012, 11:05:06 AM
Very nice light Bob, though I might push up the exposure a notch or two to get some additional highlights on the tree.  Something seems to have gone wrong with the post-work however?  Looks like there is an odd grid overlaying the image?
Thanks Ryan, I will re-render this in a smaller size and try your suggestion. Additionally, will make some corrections to the dry bushes and perhaps a change in the sun position.