Volcanic Lake

Started by aknight0, March 28, 2022, 11:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Quote from: pixelpusher636 on April 03, 2022, 10:02:44 PM
Quote from: aknight0 on March 31, 2022, 03:06:05 PMI don't know of any workaround for Mac unfortunately, other than asking Daniil to make a compatible version.  You could do the rest of the tutorial without it, you just wouldn't have the nice erosion grooves on the mountainside. 

I've used Terragen successfully on Paperspace before, and that was pretty cheap, so renting some time on a cloud PC is a potential option as well.
Last I heard he was quite busy at Quadspinner and taking a break from developing CE. he also doesn't have a Mac to develop for OS's beyond Mojavé so anything above that is not going going to be stable. Fingers crossed something changes 🤞

Yeah hopefully one day. It's not too intense to emulate Mac these days for development purposes.

Balletdude

Quote from: pixelpusher636 on April 03, 2022, 10:02:44 PM
Quote from: aknight0 on March 31, 2022, 03:06:05 PMI don't know of any workaround for Mac unfortunately, other than asking Daniil to make a compatible version.  You could do the rest of the tutorial without it, you just wouldn't have the nice erosion grooves on the mountainside. 

I've used Terragen successfully on Paperspace before, and that was pretty cheap, so renting some time on a cloud PC is a potential option as well.
Last I heard he was quite busy at Quadspinner and taking a break from developing CE. he also doesn't have a Mac to develop for OS's beyond Mojavé so anything above that is not going going to be stable. Fingers crossed something changes 🤞
I've come up with a work around if you are on mac and would terragen file. You can then make a clip file from it if you wish

WinterLight

Maybe that's why Gaea has such nice erosion?