Author Topic: Safari - The Animation  (Read 946 times)

Offline sboerner

• Steve Boerner Typography & Design
Re: Safari - The Animation
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2019, 05:10:05 PM »
Stunning! And very funny! You have a wonderful sense of humor.

I've been sharing your trailers with my family on our large-screen TV. The images and sound quality are top-notch, so professional. Your work is paying off. (This could be the start of your upstate NY fan base. :D)

Offline Oshyan

• Planetside Staff
  • Holy snagging ducks!
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2019, 09:21:02 PM »
Fantastically well-executed as usual! Even your human character looked really good. I am honestly a bit less into the centaur (the skin shading on the African woman seemed better?), but the story piece there is great. Overall excellent, as we have come to expect! :D

Oh and in regards to the large YouTube window/preview, well, that is the default setting of the plugin. I have just changed it to be smaller and I think it is more aesthetic on larger screens.

- Oshyan

Offline DocCharly65

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2019, 07:34:35 AM »
Thanks Steve - wow my own NY fan base! So exciting … I hope not to disappoint you in the future :)

Thanks Oshyan! The smaller YT window looks nicer in my eyes - less intrusive.

I share your thoughts about the centaur girl. I think the unicorns are even worse. But I had some trouble with the models. Usually I can fix it - especially the 3DRT models are extremely low-poly and usually I can easily fix it by subdividing and smoothing. After doing that here, I got too big gaps when I tried to separate object parts for give the horse part and the girls part different textures. So I used a middle way for getting enough roughness of the horse part and reflection of the girls body. Really not perfect but after 2 months testing around I lost a bit my patience… sorry. I fear this will sometimes happen again with object sequences.

This will be a scene, I perhaps work on again at the end of all, when I have finished the rest of the film and increased my blender and Terragen skills.

Unfortunately many scenes will be of quite different quality because of the long time I am running this project. Some animations are finished and waiting since years to get their correct chronological place in the film...  ::) ???

Offline DannyG

• New World Digital Art
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2019, 08:59:56 PM »
I really dig this, very well done

anything