Render Camera keeps resetting

Started by Flapman, July 29, 2012, 05:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flapman

Hi All,

I was wondering if you could help me.   I keep moving my position in the render camera view and it keeps resetting to the original location.

Thoughts?

-_A

Oshyan

Are you pressing the "Set Camera" ("Copy this view to current camera") button in the lower-left of the 3D preview?

- Oshyan

Flapman

Hi Oshyan,

Thanks for being willing to help.

Actually, I am trying to move my camera in the Render view.   Every time I move my view in into another location, the view in the preview window resets to where it was before.   I am just trying to change the view so I can render another location.

--A

Quote from: Oshyan on July 29, 2012, 05:30:07 PM
Are you pressing the "Set Camera" ("Copy this view to current camera") button in the lower-left of the 3D preview?

- Oshyan

jo

Hi,

You need to press that Set Camera button every time you move the new camera to a new position if you want to render from it. Let's say you start with the render camera being viewed in the preview. When ever you move in the preview the render camera "disconnects" from the preview and changes to the perspective camera, which is one of the cameras built in to the preview. To give the render camera the current position of the perspective camera (when you want to render from that viewpoint for example) you need to click the Set Camera button.

Regards,

Jo

Flapman

Hi,

I think everyone is missing what I am setting.  This does not have to do with the render view.    When I move the camera, it does not stay put in the new position.  It reverts back to the original position.  I can't seem to get it to stay put in the new location.   

Sorry if I was not able to explain thins right.

--Alan

Matt

How are you moving the camera?

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Flapman

Hi Matt,

I am using the widget in the top right of the renderers window.

Quote from: Matt on July 29, 2012, 10:39:32 PM
How are you moving the camera?

Matt

Kadri

Hi Alan,

Just press the button marked with red (this is the button Oshyan and Jo refer to) after every camera move you want to be permanent.
It does not matter which camera you move. When you move any camera only if you press that button will it be considered as changed.
Or all you get is the default position. So move the camera and just press that button.

But if you are using the animation module you have to make some key frames in the
"Render Camera"    "Position" and "Rotation" buttons too (after you push the "Set Camera" button ) .
Look at the pictures please.

Cheers.

Flapman

HI Kadri.

Thanks for the feedback.   That is not the problem I am having.  It's getting the view to stay put where I move the camera.

When I move forward and get the view where I want it, as soon as I release the movement control, the screen resets to the original location.

I hope that makes sense.

--A

Quote from: Kadri on July 29, 2012, 10:49:21 PM
Hi Alan,

Just press the button marked with red (this is the button Oshyan and Jo refer to) after every camera move you want to be permanent.
It does not matter which camera you move. When you move any camera only if you press that button will it be considered as changed.
Or all you get is the default position. So move the camera and just press that button.

But if you are using the animation module you have to make some key frames in the
"Render Camera"    "Position" and "Rotation" buttons too (after you push the "Set Camera" button ) .
Look at the pictures please.

Cheers.

Kadri

Quote from: Flapman on July 29, 2012, 10:52:46 PM
...as soon as I release the movement control, the screen resets to the original location.

I see now , Alan!

Oshyan

Have you animated the camera? In other words is there a keyframe with the camera set to the original location on the current frame?

- Oshyan

TheBadger

I have run into a similar situation. When I am pushing TG and my system really hard with lots of populations of very large models (file size) and TG and my computer start slowing down. Then particularly in the preview window I see some issues. For example, When things start becoming unresponsive or very delayed and I move my mouse over the compass controls, TG will act like I clicked on it and start moving my camera.

So I wonder if power is the issue?
It has been eaten.

jo

Hi Alan,

I understand what you mean now. Could you please send me the project file for the scene this was happening in? It might help to figure out the problem. You can email it to me at:

jomeder@planetside.co.uk

Regards,

Jo