Can't Move Animation Key

Started by rcallicotte, August 18, 2012, 09:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

What do you mean by "blowing up"?

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

Hi Oshyan.  I mean TG closes down.  It crossed my mind maybe I didn't understand the controls, but I then followed the Wiki instructions to make sure and still the same problem. 

jo

Hi Calico,

Can you give me steps to reproduce this please?

Regards,

Jo

Oshyan

Whether you understand the controls or not, TG shouldn't just shut down. That kind of behavior is always a bug. Hopefully it's something Jo can reproduce with more specific steps.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

If not or if so, please let me know if I can be of some help.  I have time once in a while to just tinker.

Quote from: Oshyan on August 23, 2012, 11:29:53 AM
Whether you understand the controls or not, TG shouldn't just shut down. That kind of behavior is always a bug. Hopefully it's something Jo can reproduce with more specific steps.

- Oshyan

jo

Hi Calico,

It would really help if you can give me some steps to reproduce the problem. Crashing like that is not normal behaviour. Somehow you are doing something that is causing the crash. If I can understand what that might be I can look into solving the problem. As you might imagine I've done a fair bit of testing of the animation panel on both the Mac and Windows and I don't have these problems, so just knowing that it crashes doesn't really get me very far. If you can give some steps to follow which always cause the problem for you then that would be a massive help. Another alternative might be to make a screen recording if you have any way to do that, so I can see what you're doing.

Regards,

Jo

rcallicotte

I'll send my steps this weekend.

Quote from: jo on August 24, 2012, 08:34:23 AM
Hi Calico,

It would really help if you can give me some steps to reproduce the problem. Crashing like that is not normal behaviour. Somehow you are doing something that is causing the crash. If I can understand what that might be I can look into solving the problem. As you might imagine I've done a fair bit of testing of the animation panel on both the Mac and Windows and I don't have these problems, so just knowing that it crashes doesn't really get me very far. If you can give some steps to follow which always cause the problem for you then that would be a massive help. Another alternative might be to make a screen recording if you have any way to do that, so I can see what you're doing.

Regards,

Jo

rcallicotte

@Jo -

1.  After opening the TGD, I select F7.
2.  I select the object (the camera, in this case) in the Animation Module.
3.  I select the button to Move
4.  I select the frame in the dopesheet.
5.  I move the frame (and see the double-arrow)

This is when TG2 blows up.

jo

Hi Calico,

Thanks for that.

When you say "frame" do you mean a key (little diamond) or the frame cursor (the green line)?

What parameter are you animating and what component (x, y or z) are you moving?

Regards,

Jo

rcallicotte

I'm trying to move the position.

Quote from: jo on August 24, 2012, 06:42:04 PM
Hi Calico,

Thanks for that.

When you say "frame" do you mean a key (little diamond) or the frame cursor (the green line)?   Yes

What parameter are you animating and what component (x, y or z) are you moving?   the camera - all

Regards,

Jo