Switch to Ortho Camera Locks Machine

Started by rcallicotte, August 04, 2012, 02:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

I have an okay machine and Windows 7.  But, every time I change the camera to Orthogaphic, it sends the TG2 system into a tizzy.  I can't get out of the hourglass.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Does this happen on every scene, even the default?

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

@Oshyan - No.  I just tried another scene without this issue.  It's the terrain clip files I have attached (complex and pushing it).

Thanks for answering!

rcallicotte

...and for the curious, these were the Clip files.

Oshyan

Could you post (or send directly to us) a TGD with things setup exactly as you had them when the crash occurred? Would inserting the above clip files into the default scene duplicate the problem?

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

Yes, these clips would reproduce the problem.  First, the settings are beyond .0001, which is a problem I tried to correct.  But, the end result was the peaks of jagged terrain reaching to the skies. 

I will post the TGD tonight.

Quote from: Oshyan on August 05, 2012, 01:52:35 PM
Could you post (or send directly to us) a TGD with things setup exactly as you had them when the crash occurred? Would inserting the above clip files into the default scene duplicate the problem?

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

jo

Hi Calico,

Can you give us some steps to reproduce please?

Regards,

Jo

rcallicotte

Hi Jo.  I just set this up to export an orthographic view to an LWO via the Micro Exporter.  Nothing else.  But, once these Clip Files are attached to the node tree, it all goes wrong.  I believe it is the rocky_ground.tgc that causes the problems.  So it really isn't a TG2 issue - it's a too tightly constructed Clip File.