Forum error

Started by reck, August 15, 2012, 06:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reck

I'm trying to create a post in the terragen 2 discussion area but everytime I hit post I get an error message. I'm trying to attach two jpg's so i'm not sure if that's a problem? I reduced the size of them just in case but it made no difference.

Any ideas?

Edit: Not sure why I can post this (complete with image) but not the other message!

Oshyan

It sounds like your attachments might be running afoul of SMF or Apache security settings (the latter of which we unfortunately cannot change). I'd suggest re-saving the JPGs with a "save for web" option, either in Photoshop if you have it, or something like XnView's "Export" option.

- Oshyan

reck

I don't think that's the problem. The images I tried to upload were screen grabs created by the Windows snipping tool. This was the same tool that I used to grab the error message in this message that I just successfully uploaded with no error.

Thinking about it I created a post a few days ago which also had some screen grabs created by the windows snipping tool so i'm pretty sure the problem isn't down to how the images are saved.

I'm on my work computer now so i'll give it another go.

reck

Nope no look on my work computer either. I've tried reducing the size of both images so that they are now 111kb each (were 212 before) . I've resnipped the images and saved them back out, i've loaded them into paint.net and saved them back out and i've tried to upload them with I.E. instead of Firefox, I still get the same error message.

What I can't understand is why I could create this post -

http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=14946.0

...on Monday with multiple screen grabs, as well as the error message screen grab in this post which were created all created the same way.

Oshyan

I'm pretty certain it's a security feature of our web host and, as I said, we don't have control of it at this point unfortunately. The only other thing I can suggest, besides the specific programs I mentioned (XnView is free, so if you haven't tried it, you could experiment with the Export function), would be to try saving into a different format, e.g. PNG. It's definitely *not* a size issue.

- Oshyan