Procedural Clouds

Started by nvseal, May 12, 2007, 10:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvseal

I figured this would be a better place for the file. :D

old_blaggard

Thanks for sharing this.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

helentr

fmtoffolo

wow, just tried a test render and it is really good. thanks a lot!
My Terragenn site
www.cgworlds.com.ar

esquison

chefc

Great file I was really headed in the wrong direction with this  :-[ this helps alot
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

Seth

cyphyr

Thanks for the file, this is great. I'm getting errors on loading though, says "ReadImage: Unable to load image" but I cant see anywhere referencing images. Works anyway :D
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

nvseal

That's probably the file trying reference the background starfield. And by the way all, I do have new, and (I think) much improved procedural clouds (I've posted images of it here). This one was the stone age, baby step second try.  ;D

bigben

Many thanks for sharing this "stone age" cloud setup.  I added it to my NZ orbital render to test the cloud scale with some real world data. It works very nicely and is a big help in letting me concentrate on other aspects of this project. Attached a screengrab of a test render showing the placement of 3 additional terrains for some of the larger islands.

nvseal

Glad that it helps. I hope we can see an HQ version of that some time soon; I would be very interested in seeing it in action. I'm considering posting my latest cloud setup sometime soon and I would also be interested to see how that holds up to real world data. Although be warned, it has 8 cloud layers and long render times (at least on my laptop).

bigben

Quote from: nvseal on October 05, 2007, 10:06:32 AM
Glad that it helps. I hope we can see an HQ version of that some time soon; I would be very interested in seeing it in action. I'm considering posting my latest cloud setup sometime soon and I would also be interested to see how that holds up to real world data. Although be warned, it has 8 cloud layers and long render times (at least on my laptop).

Running one now. Not unbearably slow yet  ;)  detail 1, aa 4. I was going to wait until I did some more surfacing on the terrain but I can't track down my landsat image of NZ so that may have to wait until I'm back at work next week... and I'm equally curious too  :)

[edit] Here 'tis. They may be a bit basic but they add a lot to the overall scene. I'll PM you a link to the files I'm using when I get back to work if you want to use them as a reference... otherwise I'm more than happy to render additional tests for you.[/edit]

nvseal

I like it. The clouds can use some work of course but I do think it looks pretty neat. I'm going to do some work on my newer setup (after this render I have going is over) and try to accomplish some things with the logical disrtibutions and climate zones. After that, I'll send you the tgc if you would like to use it. And yes, I would be quite interested in the files. Thanks.