Started by Grosch, September 30, 2012, 01:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grosch

Yes Terragen 2 with animation is on sale...200$ but:

Planetside Website offer:
Terragen 2 with XfrogPlants: $699

Terragen 2 without feature restrictions
    Animatable parameters, motion blur, improved anti-aliasing for animations
    1,300 XfrogPlants in Terragen 2 format (22 XfrogPlants libraries)
    Tutorial usage videos for Terragen 2 with XfrogPlants
    High-resolution renderings of all 1,300 XfrogPlants in TIFF format, for compositing and billboard use
    Free updates to minor updates (2.x versions)
    License for one user and five additional render node licenses

the same on Xfrog website:
XB-56    XfrogPlants VOLUME 1       $599.00    $599.00
          Format: (each includes XFR): tgo              
          Ecosystems Software: (Regularly $439): terragen2         $200.00    $200.00
          Total:    $799.00

Who is kidding me ?
Grosch
Is this real ? No, it's Terragen :)

Tangled-Universe

Great to hear from you again! Hopefully that means you'll get back into making TG images :)

In regard to your question. The price you mention from the Planetside webpage is not the one from the sale.
Actually all sale prices are directly redirected to the XFrog website so there can't be a mistake there.
However, if you navigate via the topmenu and choose Terragen without XFrog, only then you can get to the prices you mention.

Nonetheless I'd stick to the front page information, but it's not 100% correct.

Oshyan

Looks like we forgot to update the Buy page. I'll do that now. The info on the Xfrog page is the correct info.

- Oshyan

Grosch

Thank you for updating.
Very sad...799$...I think it's too much for just rendering.

@tangled we will see...I will use terragen2 for my little short film...I hope :)
Is this real ? No, it's Terragen :)

penboack

I would like to see an upgrade path for existing owners of the Terragen 2 with 1300 XFrog Plants and Terragen 2 Megabundles.
The current pricing provides no incentive to upgrade.

For example if you recently purchased "Terragen 2 with 1300 XFrog Plants" for $699 you would need to pay an additional $599 for Xfrog Plants Volume 2 bringing the total cost to $1298, whereas at the sale price XfrogPlants Volume Bundle + Terragen 2.4 would cost only $1099, $200 less.

Oshyan

I would suggest contacting Xfrog directly about upgrades for the previous bundles.

- Oshyan