TG + World Machine marriage, (a work in progress) Finished

Started by Tangled-Universe, November 11, 2012, 09:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gannaingh

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: mhaze on November 24, 2012, 09:59:50 AM
Hi Martin

Biggest problem was using the info from the erosion flow mask having used colour to scalar blue nodes.  It turned out to be simple! I had the mindset that it was going to be hard and overcomplicated things!

Mick

I suppose you combined the 3 masks into one file and used blue nodes to extra the Red, Green or Blue channel separately?
If you save 1 mask as a BMP then you don't need to do anything else than loading it into an imagemap shader and set coordinates.

Saurav

Tangled-Universe

Thanks Saurav.

Here's the final, time to move on to something else perhaps :)

zaxxon

Very nice! The talus and the stream are really exciting (I live very close to such scenery). The flowering shrubs are colorful and really set up the composition, however to my eye the scale of the small pines (?) seems too close to the scale of the flower bushes. I respect your artistry and technical mastery and truly appreciate the examples that you share, thanks!

Tangled-Universe

The pines you mention are at their intended size of the modeler/designer. It is a variation of a pine at a younger age.
Perhaps I need to choose other types of bushes next time.

TheBadger

The rock slides are my favorite part. They look out standing. They are also the only part I would complain about. Just the color. On my screen the purple seems a bit saturated with only one shade. But its still a killer image.

Another great shot Martin.
It has been eaten.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: TheBadger on November 30, 2012, 12:00:55 AM
The rock slides are my favorite part. They look out standing. They are also the only part I would complain about. Just the color. On my screen the purple seems a bit saturated with only one shade. But its still a killer image.

Another great shot Martin.

The color of the fake stones is the exact same as the as the main rocks and actually a tad bit darkened.
I fed the main rock shading network into the colour input of a surfacelayer and set its colour <1, which will darken its input. This surfacelayer was applied to the fake stones.
The fake stones have 0.025 reflectivity applied to them and together with their different angle of exposure the colour looks different.
At the bottom right is an exposed part of the main rock shading visible. This also lit differently than the steep background rocks and therefore looks different.

Dune

Zairyn Arsyn

magical!  :)

really like your work on the stream, the ripples on the water and white reflections, looks just like real shoals on a river or creek.

the foliage looks a little odd but i like, seems a little blurry in some places.

yes i want to see the big version too

WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

TheBadger

Quotetransfer the code to Mac platform, but I suppose Stephen (developer of WM2) would like to do that if there's enough interest from others.
So why don't you both drop him a line?

Did it. I'll let you know if he responds with good news.
It has been eaten.

Seth

Damn realistic !
I love to see that kind of render : just what you could see and take a picture of. Not a huge dramatic landscape, but a small part of a "world"
nice one, Martin !