Terrain + Surface TGD from "playing with objects"

Started by Goms, March 12, 2012, 11:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goms

I wanted to share my terrain (and partial surface) I used in this image.
It offers a great variation steep and gentle hills/mountains with widespread plains in between.

updated Version below!

Some previews:

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

[attachimg=5]

For playing around with it, mind to put the same seed for "huge structures" and "initial noise". Otherwise the plains might get lost.
It may occur that you have very dark areas where the redirection is folding the terrain too much. In that case, lower the displacement amplitude or roughness of the redirection fractals.
For any questions, just ask. I might even add some more features if you are missing something.

If you create some cool stuff with this, i would love to see the results.
Other than that, free for non-commercial use (only!).

Best regards,
Sönke
Quote from: FrankB
you're never going to finish this image ;-)

efflux

It's a very cool terrain. It will look good from lots of different POVs. So many TG2 renders have hills that plunge straight down into the water in an unatural way and this spoils them. I make the assumption you blended at altitudes again. No need to look at the file to see that (no TG2 on the computer I'm writing from anyway).

elipsis1

Thanks so much for sharing.  It is beautiful.  This may help a noob like me learn, if I can pick it apart and see how it works.

Thanks again!

Dune

Good of you to share this, Goms. A whole new world to explore and it seems and interesting one.

freelancah

Interesting work. Thanks for sharing, will expore this tonight :)

Goms

Here's another Version.

- tweaked distribution of the vegetation layers
- changed vegetation colors for more contrast
- added beach displacement. The beach-area should now have a smoother slope then the surrounding
- added an altitude based distribution shader to the smaller redirect-fractal to avoid black folding in the lower plains.
- changed last rock fractal to also apply color for close up detail - should be deactivated if the camera is not near any rock

[attachimg=#2]
Quote from: FrankB
you're never going to finish this image ;-)

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

pclavett

Simply beautiful and thanks so much for sharing !
Paul

cadmar

Bjur

~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

inkydigit

thanks Sönke!
not sure how I missed this one...
looks like a great place to explore!
:)
Jason