Forest Aerial

Started by miqtidar, November 18, 2012, 08:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on November 28, 2012, 04:37:48 AM
The geometry in camera frustum is displaced and for example with detail 0.5 and a "ray detail multiplier" at default 0.25, my reflections will be based on subdivisions at 0.125 detail.
Is that correct?

Yes, that's right.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

miqtidar

Sorry guys for very late replies I was too busy.

(Henry Blewer) Yeah it is time consuming job.

(TheBadger)
(I'm really interested in your render times tough. They seem way to high! Am I wrong?)

May be or may be not I was looking for quality and don't want any compromise in render quality.

This is my second render for hole animation at 1920x1080.

My first render was almost half the resolution of 1920x1080.
And I saw lots Anti-aliasing issues in trees and pop up in terrain in my first render.

First of all I finalized with Gi cache, And after that I took lots of renders for first 5 frames only.
And I start improving on the settings on per render bases.
I did lot of improvements by this method.
Once I start to see what I want than I increase the resolution to 1920x1080 and I was surprised to see the behavior of Terragen. It start giving my excellent quality.
It took lots of renders before I reach to this point.

miqtidar

(Bjur)

(- Were 82 atmo samples really needed if all is raytraced? If yes, why or because of what reasons?)

No Bjur It is not Ray traced. I did not check the Ray trace atmosphere button in Full Render option.
Kindly see the image below In which I marked the area in red which was flat on 42 atmosphere.
I don't have comparison images now as I deleted lots of test images for archive purpose.

-----------------------------------

(- Max bucket size: )?

Max bucket size = 128 128

Reason why I did was When I went to 1920x1080 resolution I saw Anti-aliasing issues in trees area marked in black in image below. And at that time Anti-aliasing was to high and Anti-aliasing issue was not getting resolved.
So I Seattle to AA at 16 and decrease the bucket size  to 128 from 256 and it start giving me the result I want.
I think it was because lots small details which Terragen have to go throw.

I think 128 bucket size can handle GI renders better but unfortunately not faster.

(- Quality Detail:)?

My Quality Detail was 0.75 and I reached there by per 5 frame render bases method test, and stop on 0.75 until what I want. And I also went to this post lots of time for quality renders and Oshyan recommendations.
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=6442.0

(- May i ask you: What was your reason or benefit to go over ~AA 6 for motion blurred animations at high resolutions?)

For tress having flickers in frames.
My Render Camera Motion blur length = 0.2 and I think it is below than default and 0.2 gives faster to render but also keeping the animation looking more real and close to film footage look.

(- Ray detail region padding and even more additional render time: Does it help in "fuzzy" landscapes or animations if the value is higher than the standart at max. 1?)

My setting for Ray detail region padding 2 which stops pop ups in terrain and shadows.

I hope that helps you.

miqtidar

Thanks calico,

I am learning the TG2 and improving on my skills.

Hope I have more horsepower for TG2.

Thanks again

miqtidar

Thanks Tangled-Universe for explaining.

No It is not Ray traced. I did not check the Ray trace atmosphere button in Full Render option.
Kindly see the image below In which I marked the area in red which was flat on 42 atmosphere.
I don't have comparison images now as I deleted lots of test images for archive purpose.

Bjur

Thank you for your reply!

Now i´m getting, why you have chosen your settings. To work with plants + animation seems to be harder then i thought..  :) 
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~